No More No More

I have exceeded my shopping limit although my mum wanted the sandals that I just bought recently and I really liked and she refused to share, so uhm...it's pretty inconclusive at the moment. I might just a replacement pair *sigh*...It's $20 btw. Not much considering a pair like this, in other reputable shoe shops selling at least $29.95 or more for a pair. It's a Birkenstock knock-off so who cares as long as it's comfy and from Cotton On :P. While I didn't think I would go crazy at the Mango sales..I almost did. I end up with purchases totalling almost $60. In two different Mango outlets :S but of course, luckily not $60 in each shop..heh.
 
But I tried to be a good girl and stuffed $30 of unspent leftover money into the savings pouch plus some loose coins..so less guilt..hee.
 
Anyway my nightmares with bills are not over yet. I have to pay the annual tv license fees and property tax. Plus I still have unpaid loan so have to be wise in spending. At the end of the year, I also have to spare some cash for the buffet dinner with my friends. Not much. $33 only..but money is money..haha..Oh, not forgetting my brother's fees which is high on the urgent list of 'MUST PAY'. Not coz they're bugging me but because I need to clear them or they won't allow him to take his O level examinations next year.
 
There are times when I wish I don't have dependents. I wish I was more like some people who just go into a shop, buy what she wants, irregardless of the price (and ESPECIALLY when the item is on sales), and then move on. Lucky socks. Just like yesterday, when I thought I saw a nice looking bag from the Mango sales, the only one left, and then she totally proceeded to buy the damn thing while I was still contemplating long and hard. *sigh* But I figured I shouldn't be so greedy because I just got a new bag though what I dislike about the bag is the opening which is quite small for my big hands..haha..But if I need another bag that can fit my hand, I got other bags that enable me to do that. Anyway, this theory about us having not enough bags is quite true also.
 
I also need to clear some clothes in my wardrobe. Seriously need to. I guess it's totally no point for me to keep some of them and I don't know why I'm keeping them. But then again, if I throw then it will be so wasted. And you wonder why us ladies horde a lot of clothes. Some of us keep them coz well, it's a bad buy but it's worse off when we throw them away..haha. Then there are delusional moments when we think that once we lose 10kg, we will be able to wear them and everyone is happy. Not so fast. I meant..hold the thought..not the weight loss..haha. You will lose weight, if you actually bother to make the efforts (think energy in must always be less than energy out) but seriously, by that time you lose the 10kg, you will want to wear other clothes instead like seriously go on a shopping rampage to show off your new figure. You won't need these clothes that you have bought just for this occasion. Then if you are like me who does the complete opposite which means that I keep the clothes that I wore many years ago when I was still on the heavier side so that if one fine day, my weight goes back up again, I got something to wear. Seriously, do I want to wait for such occasions? Hrm..
 
I know I know you are going to scream at me after all my ramblings regarding wanting to save up. I applied for another credit card *cue covering face*. The card that I have is a POSB multi-tude card which is actually my main ATM card but with enhancement. That means I have $500 credit limit. So far I have used it online to pay bills and I paid my first bill though I got charged an additional $20 coz the giro didn't go through as there was no money in my bank..heh. But I have been a good girl  and paid the amount owed. I have another bill to settle but it's for next month only. This will be taken from my salary. The payment for utilities bill and the other for mobile phone will go towards the card. It's still early for me to work out the budget lest I have unnecessary headache so I just leave it as that first.
 
But because of the limitations in terms of the terminals that can be used for this card, I have so far not been able to use it. I tried to use the credit function of the card before to make payment outside but they ended up using the debit function which means they used my actual bank balance instead which frankly speaking, at that time wasn't that much..haha.
 
So this new credit card, with the $500 credit limit, once approved, I can actually use it at shops without worrying if they have the terminals that can be used for my card. Plus I find it a hassle to inform them to use the DBS credit and not the DBS debit and then end up, they use the DBS debit coz of the confusion *yawn* .
 
Then, with this card, comes responsibilities..haha. I will set limitations and since this card will not be used for bills, I will probably use a lot lesser. Starting, I guess I will set 50 to 60 dollars since I guess I can afford to pay this much using my salary.
 
 Update: I actually typed this post yesterday. I managed to revamp my wardrobe by arranging the clothes in order and taking out those that I don't wear anymore. Looks neater now and I can squeeze in new clothes. Oh, and I contributed another $10 into my savings pouch. .

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts