Mash Up

This is a bit of a mash up..like what they call it in the digital world (well, we're in the blogosphere anyway) because this entry is gonna be a combination of different things that I have been wanting to say right before I fell ill with fever and yadah yadah. First of all, I wanna say congratulations to, Suhaimi Yusof, a local celebrity who use to weigh around 126kg and who now managed to lose 17kg in three months through natural means! 'Natural' as in....through proper diet and exercise. This is the kind of determination the Malay population needs to adopt so that we can together bring down the statistics for the dubious honour of being the 'most overweight race'. I am a fan of his show because i know the agony and the struggles he went through and I must say, even until now I do struggle a bit but actually, it is all in our head. In other words, this is not about achieving the ideal physical attributes but also to increase our mental alertness by putting our brains to use and figure out what food is good or bad for us. Then, we must also learn to not deprive ourselves to such a huge extent that the minute we let our guard down, we seriously let our guard down by chomping down whatever we can find..that is edible. Now now people..we're doing all this not because we want to torture ourselves but think about our health. Im not encouraging young girls facing with weight problems to be like their slim friends or be so 'motivated' by the countless slimming ads out there which portray the 'ideal' body. It is just about the one letter word: our health...okay, make it two.


Yes, and we also reap from such benefits like for myself, I dress up better and I gain more confidence and some even commented that I got prettier and they thought that I was doing all of this because I have a boyfriend. The truth is, I don't and I definitely am not doing it because I am motivated to find 'the one'. But Im sick and tired of looking at the fat 'ol me in the mirrors whenever I went to schools to do my field work and they had to give the room with a view. Yes, the music rooms with mirrors plastered all over the world. Now that sucks but it woke me up to the true fact of reality...I can't keep on denying myself of the obvious by saying that I am 'big boned'...I can still fit in clothes...but are those clothes what I really wanted to wear and not to merely cover up my flabs? I know I have been saying about this over and over again because I cant emphasize it enough as I still see people facing weight problems, complaining about it loudly and then feeling depressed about it BUT..not doing ANYTHING about it. You know what, if you're not going to help yourself at first, no one is going to help you. We're not celebrities so forget about the endorsements. We need to rely on ourselves to get our body moving and also get our eating habits right.


Oh, another congratulations go out to a friend of mine who lost a bit of weight but what matters most is that she is slowing revving up the engines to a more healthier lifestyle. And even though she said she recently put on a bit of weight again but I think it is quite normal at this stage. The body is still adjusting so when it manages to get it off, it may not stay that way at first and then slowly, but surely, it will start to stabilise and everything will fall into place nicely. Oh, and patience is a virtue. And girl, don't fret about not being to look nice in this or that because the important thing is that, at least you're doing something about it to make it better and not letting it stay that way. It takes time but hey, it will definitely be worth it so stay with me here, gal. If anything you need a listening ear to your diet woes, just give me a ring or drop me an email. Just do me a favour: don't give up.


By the way, talking about weight loss ah, just as I thought I have lost the ability to lose weight (but gained the ability to err..gain instead) ever since the start of the fasting month and the following month after that, I have lost 1 kg. Finally, my own body has slowly stabilised and beginning to knead me back to shape and hopefully, I get to lose the other 2kg before the looming Mango sales ahead..kekeke. Yup, just the right kind of motivation this hot mamma needs.


Oh, another thing which I wanted to blog about is...totally useless but I just need to say it anyway. I think the bus drivers are getting 'hotter' coz I think the younger ones are joining the bus force as it is a stable job and there is always a demand for it. Anyway, what better way to meet hot chickas like me...well, I can dream, can't i? At least I have another option besides checking out the male passengers.


Then, about the last gathering on Thursdays with two of my ex colleagues, hrm.......the only thing I can say is that I loved the dinner. I did a bit of catching up with one of them and also did the good ol' teasing with the other one who is still single after all these months. Tsk, you are good looking at uhm...some distance.....and you do have the right qualifications and the right career position. But don't be stingy lah because paying for the coffee only at the kopi tiam and then expecting to not bring your bike along simply because you don't want to send her home..is NOT a perfect date. Oh, and alamak chatroom does not count.


I know I only mentioned about the dinner being great only because seriously, I wouldn't quite see as a gathering because I didnt expect the time spent for dinner to be a place to pour out about our job woes. I mean, the whole conversation was entirely about how sucky the management is right now especially when this guy came along and assumed that he is the freakin' CEO of this department. To be honest, I was rather disappointed with that colleague of mine because I think she covered up point A to point Z in regards to the changes that will take place next year through out the entire dinner. I'm peeved honestly. I mean, seriously, it is not as if we can't talk about other things and make the current 'hot topic' about our work as one of the topics instead. Okay okay, maybe she just want to get it off her chest but why just pour it out to the two ex colleagues who may obviously be very happy to get out of there and she can just share her woes with us so that we can help one another get through the changes safely and in one piece by giving constant moral support towards one another. I mean for myself, I seriously need a huge huge moral support because I don't know how long I can take this anymore. I hate it when they rub the 'permanent post' or the 'stability' of our job in our face and also how we need to learn to adapt to changes because 'changes are part of our lives'. To me, the only sign of 'changes' we are going through is how manipulative they are getting by twisting our arms behind our back and expect us to be at their beck and call.


I don't think I can take their crap anymore especially with the current arrangement of our office which they take pride to distinguish between the leaders and the mere workers...of which I fall into the latter category. You know how the fark our office looks like? The cubicles of the 'important' people are right at the end with a huge gap in between followed by a single row of few tables lined with chairs just like that of a factory production line. The only place we can keep our personal belongings is through the locker and even then, we are not supposed to paste anything on the door except the label of our name and even if it is a postcard of encouraging words. I cant emphasize it enough but my department? It has turned into a communist state where a slightest show of disapproval will send you to the gallows. What is worse is that one of them has the backing of the co head and their words can be very childish such as 'your attitude sucks'. Oh, and you know how the communist leaders worked right if you studied history? They would keep establishing this power that they had by keeping on re-emphasizing the phrase 'I am your leader' or in this case 'I am your supervisor' so whatever they say, you have to abide whether or not you agree because to disagree is to show disrespect. That is how bad things are getting.


Eurgh...I am SO gonna get a new job. I don't care if they rub on this crap that I am not flexible to changes because I can't see myself being in a place where respect is only to the people higher than you and not across the board. I have my self worth and no one can take that away from me. I hope God help me in this because I can only take so much.

Comments

Popular Posts