Arty Farty Me

Last Saturday, I had the opportunity to go to seoul garden again! woohoo! It's bustin' the diet time! wait..before you think im becoming like the next Nicole Richie, narh....Im just happy if I can lose the darn 3 kg. But it's okay for that day I guess even though I am running on a tight budget until tentatively next month coz you know..rahayu got to play the role of a breadwinner here! However, my dad has been taking care of my family's lunch but you know, my family is never full.


So yup, I mean girls should have a bit of fun shouldn't we? Besides, prior to this I have already planned my lunch menu for the week under a tight budget and under a tight tush..if I sit on the menu accidentally. Anyway, even if there is no such thing as the Seoul Garden (of which I will say...'NooOOooOOooo!!!!!...') and my fren didn't plan the great eat out any garden restaurant for that matter, Im still rather strict when it comes to financial planning and diet planning. Im just a little paranoid round the edges.


Food..GLORIOuS food...trust me people, once those things have been grilled, you don't know the difference unless the meat is blatantly spicy. Oh, and you know what I dig most? The soup dish which we prepared ourselves with noodles and I just love eating it with the maggie noodles. For once, who cares about bee hoon which is my usual staple if Im not eating rice. Seriously, I lost count of the number of hotdogs and fishballs. HEy, I don't pay 24 dollars just to eat one handful and then float out of the restaurant! I'd rather dragged myself out man! Like what I said, if..eh sorry, WHEN I go on a date, and if my date suggest 'darlin...where do you want to have our dinner?', I'll go...'seoul garden!!! yay!!' I'll imagine him forfeiting one week of lunch money just to satisfy my craving and to pay for my share (this one, up to him...) but if he wants to impress me, Seoul Garden is the answer! But if I get a guy who eats like a bird, or who'd rather want me to eat just one plate of decent meal, you don't have the makings of how to make rahayu happy. Belgium chocolates will be under plan B.


Anyway, I went to Seoul Garden yet again is not because I want to eat like nobody's business again after the last one for my birthday but to simply give my friend my moral support. I mean, I know how she wants to eat there so much and at the same time, have a gathering with the others too but hey, sometimes it is hard to predict people. I mean, it is easier to predict that some day we won't be behind one another's back but for it to happen so soon, I don't know. I don't wish to comment over this issue because for me, gatherings or not, half the time I cannot get along with these people. Sure we all would laugh like crazy, talk crap all the time...but seriously, Im just not a group person. Why I turn up most of the gatherings is because of one basic reason: to give my moral support. It is not easy organizing gatherings and even if it just a simple 'so..where do we go from here?' thing, I won't turn my back against them. Im talking not just about the gatherings that we hold every year like we have our very own alumni, but even at work when they had this gathering at East Coast, I still turned up. I mean I'd rather just stay at home and chill than go out other to the beach where yet again, half the time I won't quite communicate with most people due to my reserved self. But just to give them some encouragement that their efforts to organize have not gone to waste. Snigger all they want for those people who think that these things are just a waste of time, but do you like it when you put your heart and soul into doing something for everybody but not everybody come and appreciate it? If you ask me, I'm just not that kind of person..sorry.


Even to the musical that I went with my friend later that evening, it is something which I actually won't be caught dead at even if the tickets are free. But I just want to keep my friend company coz I know how much this thing means to her and also my other friend who is kinda in need of people to fill up space. Actually, I almost couldn't make it but just for the lunch and Im still thinking about it in the morning coz to go to that musical would mean that I would have my whole Saturday outside of my home from morning till night. I had to work in the morning, meet up for lunch and then go for the musical till 11 plus. that is just as good as the whole day and I do worry over my family like what they're gonna eat. Still, a promise is a promise and yah, so I made up mind to just go and have fun. Besides this is a golden opportunity to see something that I have not experienced before including to be in the Singapore Indoor Stadium for the very first time. Isn't it all exciting?


So the musical is called notre dame de paris and to be honest with you, I had no idea the entire thing would be in French. Im really not into past history either and I had simply no interest in uhm..arty farty stuffs. BUT..before you dismiss me as someone with no 'class' or no 'appreciation for arts'..I do like to try something new as long as I get to keep all my bones intact and in all the right places. And oh, my facial features are not threatened either.


So they had the subtitles on the left and right of the stage for the majority of us (excluding the french idiots behind us) who did not understand what the heck they said. Instead of putting myself through self torture by having my head turn here and there, I read darn fast and I quickly turned my head to the performance. Okay, I admit I do yawned a fairly bit..and erm..my butt ached coz maybe it ain't like the movies where you were constantly at the edge of your seat (hello, spidey 3). But I did think they put in a lot of hard work. No, wait..they DID put a lot of hard work. I mean...ppfftt...I took months to memorise three of Jason Mraz's song and I STILL could not sing them without forgetting the lyrics point blank except for the La La La La!! part. But their vocals were breathe taking. The dance routines that had this 'cirque de soleil' feeling...so breathe taking that at some point, I forgot to breathe coz they were so gravity defying. The set pieces were simple to capture the cathedrals of the Notre Dame but damn, I think these people double up as rock climbers when they're not performing! talk about multi tasking!!


Im just a little bit miffed that the Hunchback of Notre Dame did not get as much performance time as Esmeralda, the gypsy girl. Goodness, talking about Esmerelda, she captured so many guys attention just by dancing in the parade square (and she was not even naked!) I swear that the guys then had never seen women before or they had never seen Shakira do the belly dance. Oh and another thing I learnt about these 'age of cathedral' guys, they didn't dig blondies. They were so not into Jessica Simpson or Paris Hilton. Unless of course, when the blondies showed they had more fun while the non blondies constantly got themselves into troubles, oh...these guys turned into jerks and would do ANYTHING for them. Geez..i wondered if during the dinosaur period, were the guys jerks too? I tell ya, if only the women of the stone age knew how to use the club other than to chase after the carnivores.


Oh well, overall Quasimodo had the last laugh even though he was crying that Esmeralda was gone. Probably he was thinking 'ha! I get the last line!' and you oh-so-funky-hairdo Quasimodo, I didn't care how ugly they had to dress you up and with the pillow so carelessly placed, why don't we grab the mattress that Esmeralda and Phoebus didn't get to use and we shall pick up where they stopped. But seriously, Quasimodo, I can't climb those walls. Yes I know I gained 3 kg so it would be impossible to carry me over your shoulders and bring me to your 'palace'. But who says I need a love nest right on top of the towers? Well you know, if Esmeralda could dance on the parade square, we could do MORE than dancing...as in dirty dancing? Oh Quasi..you're so funny...


Comments

Popular Posts