Just a Thought

So blogger has a new interface which is much easier to deal with than the previous interface or the one that Im still using. I had the opportunity to use that when I tried to help my friend to adjust her layout a bit and I must say, it is way easier and even non tech geeks can do it without squinting their eyes like mine. I mean, squint as in to read the lines of codes. But im not switching yet coz I dunno...I am not entirely thrilled by it. I mean, definitely in the future I will switch but seeing it much easier to deal with, I kinda am sceptical about it coz of the lack of challenge. Like how Im not really that thrilled to use web design softwares designed, of course, to make our life easier to create and maintain our website. Yes, I do learnt how to use them but basically coz I jz needed them to create the codes for me after which I would have to tweak it according to my personal taste. Yes, that's it. Creating a website from scratch or even a layout gives u thrill like no other rather than the drag and paste method. Okay fine. That's just geek talk. Now on to more important stuffs.


Im surprised I had to go outfield in Bishan some more right after settling down comfortably having my breakfast of peanut butter sandwich. Damn incompetent executive. he's one perfect example of those kind of guys who knows how to talk his way into the management's heart but is bloody incompetent when it comes to work. Typical office bully. I still remembered the yawn inducing 'speech' he gave me in regards to the counselling session. So as usual, I tried to psyche myself for it and tell myself that it would not take long..just half an hour...I won't even know that half an hour would pass by like that. Good thing that part of Bishan was a rather familiar place to me because my ex best friend lives there and I also remembered going to her house a few times. Including the day when I decided to pick up the pieces after I messed up during the exams and had to be retained. It was then I realised that im not a piece of useless log anyway who is a burden to humanity. Even though she excelled better in academics than me and that now we had lost touch, I would always remember her as my friend for more than 15 years. I guessed eventually we all have to move on.


That's the saddest part because a part of me still wanted us to be like the last time. Now another friend of mine who has also been with me for 12 years is rather caught up with her school work and examinations. But every now and then, I do hear from her especially when she is not too over burdened by her school projects. Oh, and the fact that she's the smarter lot of the group..and erm..the one who is easily bullied as well...to do all the work...she is extra the busy doing their share of work. I still can't believe that her ex course mate actually sends a copy of his tutorial to her house to help him with it. Oh, and since she is living in a rented place, most of the mails go to her previous house that has been rented out by her elder sister. So once a week she will collect the mails but somehow that tutorial had not been received yet and he didn't believe she didn't get it. He thought that she was just trying to escape helping him despite her protesting that she didnt receive and her sister had already thoroughly checked the mail. I heard the whole conversation and she took a long time to convince him. I have one thing to tell him...she's not your course mate anymore...you got ur own course mates..and your bloody brain..stop terrorising people with your freaking laziness to do the damn tutorial!! Goodness...I told her many times not to give these people face but that's my friend, always the ever ready to help people...haiz...


I don't feel like blogging about what happened in the kindergarten during my outfield work just now. But all I know is that when parents write in to the straits times forums to write about their unhappiness over the school and the teachers, I ask them to reconsider the matter first. I know it's their children so they have the right to protect their interests but please, you don't have to bring down these teachers so low like they're lacking in morals or something. I tell ya, the kids are just so.......outspoken nowadays they don't care if you're an adult..you're warning them to shut their gap...or to sit down even AND shut their gap...they just stop respecting people for gawd's sake. I know they're these 'angels' when they are at home so it's hard to believe their child is behaving in such a manner in school. But whatever it is, don't criticise these teachers to such a great extent as if they're not worthy of any respect. I wonder where these children's lack of mannerism comes from. They have so much to deal with...times that with 2o over and even 30 over of students who clearly won't listen to you like they don't give a damn over who you are and how much older you are than them. Im really saddened over the fact that instead of addressing the core problems on why their children are behaving like that, they choose to blame other party.


Even in the clinic we have parents calling in obviously not happy over why their children are being referred for an eye check up. Then over at the clinic also they may not be happy either even though clearly, they have seen for themselves their children going through several tests for their eyesight to check if there are any problems. Instead of dealing with their child's habits and trying to change them so that the problem will not get any worse, they actually can be rather aggressive as in how valid are our tests and what is the level of our professionalism. So much so they want us to refer their children to the hospital because they trust the people there more even though that is only for the more serious cases. I would tell them that they can make the appointment on their own if they really want to make sure but they would much prefer to be referred by us because apparently, it is cheaper. What the hey...what are you people? Morons? What's the issue here now??!!! You want to confirm if your child is really 'potek' or short sighted or you just want to take advantage of us?!


Gawd...some parents should really open up their eyes and do something about their parenting style rather than blame other people on their child's behaviour or health matters. Come on...we're only here to educate them...to help them...but no...instead of being appreciative, they turned defensive! Why can't they just blame themselves for working extra long hours and then leaving the care of their children in the maid's hands who has to do everything at home including sending their children to the clinic some more. I even wonder who is the parent. Isn't there such a thing as a daddy and mummy like can't just one of them take the day off and see to their child's needs for once?! I can't blame the maid and actually pity them whenever they are apologetic for not minding over the kids properly that they resorted to watching tv or playing computer games for long hours. Why apologise for that? You have your other responsibilities for it and you're not their mother for goodness sake.


Sorry Im just pissed off over the behaviour of some children just now at the kindergarten. I mean, I've been dealing with them for a few years and yes, I can be very patient but the only that irks me are the stuffs people write in the forums regarding their children's minders. It's like if they're not happy over something, then feedback to the teachers and see what they can do about it rather than telling the whole nation about it and give others a bad name. Childcare or kindergarten teachers...their pay is quite limited and obviously they're not being paid enough for the kind of responsibilities they have to carry. Haiz..like I said..many Singaporeans are just too 'pampered'..


Comments

Popular Posts