Skip to main content

Darn Flu

Okay, I don't have much time to blog on this space but once again, I wanna say my thanks again to God because of one thing: He helped my family again. Just as I thought that I would have to relive back the previous month where I was suffering from post fasting and Hari Raya months where I had to scrimp on money after festive spending, I received some financial help again. Okay, that money is my dad's but he had given the green light to use the money for his medical expenses. However, since that has already been covered by his relatives who were kind enough to offer help (I don't know the exact amount but I roughly know how much..), so basically the money that was put through his old savings account could be used for daily expenses instead. And to me, it is more than enough to cover us for the next two weeks before my pay. Right before that, exactly a day before the transfer, apparently my tabulated calculations as to how much to spend each week had been 'disturbed' by the one thing that I didn't take note of. My dad's savings account had been deducted of 50 dollars for the monthly town council's deductions. I went into this panic frenzy as to how was I going to survive for the two weeks and whatever that was left and inclusive of the remaining lunch money, I was worried that it would not last us. Now, I know that it is not as if my family is totally without any money but the money is with my dad's and I don't have the heart to ask from him because I did not want him to know that I almost used up his old savings. However, now with little worries over my family's finances, I guess I can recover from this darn flu bug quickly..u know..with the lesser mental torture. I can take on the phlegm anytime but...dont push it.


Yes and I have learnt my lessons to not OD on the expenses like only spending when absolutely necessary which includes buying clothes that I have been thinking of...not coz of the word SALE plastered all over it. An image consultant once said that you should be buying pieces to enhance your wardrobe and not get like your 8th pair of black pants. I mean, that way I know I would most certainly use them coz I know what it will go with in my wardrobe rather than buying it and then not wearing it at all because it is a 'fashion mistake'. Oh, and you sometimes want to get a certain top or skirt and you're pining for it like how I did very recently. I actually went to the shop three times because I have been looking for such a top for so long..and yah I kinda lost my way trying to find the toilet so I always ended up back at the shop. I have mentioned that this temporary loss of savings is just as that...temporary....but I've grown taller in more ways. The public bus and walking are my new best friends...oh, and also coins. Savings are also essential because you'll never know when they'll come in handy. As they say, it happens...right before you and so you'd better be damn prepared for it. Just like how I caught the flu bug because of freakin' laziness to bring an umbrella with me and then thinking how it wouldnt rain when black clouds were OBVIOUSLY looming ahead. Oh, and sitting in an air con room straight after that followed by the windbreaker..all zipped up. Well hey, I learnt my lesson, didn't I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...