Approached

Actually, I didnt feel like blogging about this coz it would only label me as shallow..er...a wussy..but it was the highlight of the week. Or my life for that matter. I think I have mentioned before about how it would be nice to be approached by a guy provided he's not the type who does that to every passing girl. It would be a huge huge bonus if the guy is handsome...or at least have nice defined biceps..keke. Why bonus? Considering im jz your below average girl..and the guy is so handsome and he approached me..he's either blind..or he digs chicks like me..*grins*.


SO that is probably your typical rahayu's blabberings who obviously asks too much. Gee...a big wonder why shes single. Anyway, last Monday I had the dubious honour of being approached by a tall malay guy. Come to think of it...he did look like a tall version of my fren Azam...bwahahaha!! The whole incident scared me because it caught me unaware. Yah of coz lah I dont expect to see him strategise his move infront of me. The thing is...I didnt see him coming from anywhere at all. When I went to the library near my workplace, they were doing some cleaning up outside the library. I didnt see anyone doing that deed, I merely saw water dripping down on the sides of the building. I was also eating a waffle at the same time but still, I never saw anyone who were looking at me from anywhere. However, I did see a few dishy good looking chinese guys in their smart work attire. They probably stopped by the library during lunch.

I went into the library as usual, zoom into the usual section, picked a corner and spent the rest of my lunch time there. I borrowed a magazine and the borrowing section where the machines were had less than 5 people around but jz some school girls and old man. I was also thinking how convenient...the walls were lined with mirrors so I checked myself out discreetly. I was wearing this pink top that flares from the bustline. I kept thinking the whole morning I paired it up with the wrong bottom. My skirt had this thick waistline and it was slightly bulging so I felt 'preggie'. Or at least I hoped nobody noticed it.


But still, it didnt stop someone from trying to get to know me. Jz as I stepped out of the library, I heard someone saying Selamat Hari Raya..in a soft male voice behind me. I ignored coz I thought someone was jz being cheeky or it probably wasn't directed at me. But as I continued to walk down the slope, it was being repeated like beckoning me to answer. Dammit, I was freaking out coz there wasn't much people around. I tried to walk faster but unfortunately, he was trying to catch up with me. As if to get my attention, he was walking along the raised sloppy terrain beside the footpath.


I felt extremely uncomfortable because, I was totally caught unaware. My head was running through at high speed on ways to distract him away. My eyes were also darting around thinking where the hell were the people?! Don't they see whats going on here?!


He was asking so many questions but thank goodness they were decent enough questions. He asked if I always go to the library here..do I work around here..where is my work place. I was in between asking myself if I should answer him back..should I pretend to talk on the phone ala Paris Hilton...or what?! So I jz tried avoiding answering his questions but I still flashed half hearted smiles because I didnt want to appear as impolite...geez...I still tried to be nice.


When I finally saw civilisation when approaching the traffic, guessed he felt he didnt want to trail me so far. He stopped after he asked me if I would like to know his name. I turned around quickly to see what he was up to and saw him taking out a small piece of paper. He stretched his arm in his futile attempt to hand it to me. I shook my head and continued to walk and I
heard his voice fading away when he said why I didnt want it.


Maybe he gave up or there were people at the traffic light..I dunno. But I was glad he finally stopped and probably upset that I didn't take the paper.


My close friends chided me for being so shy about the whole incident thing like why the heck I didn't flirt back. I mean I could act coy..or friendly but let's just say Im hugely unprepared for it. Right now, Im in the state of mind in which I just want to be friends with guys because I feel my lack of social life deprive me of getting to know them better. But of course, I wouldn't rule out a possible romance provided I dont jump straight into it. At this point of time, Im in no hurry to fall in love because I am struggling enough in life as it is.


For that guy...I want to offer my apologies..and no, contrary to what my friend said, Im not apologising for not flirting back..geez. Im apologising for acting rather cold even though I tried not too as you're still human with feelings. I've never experienced such things before in my life except one or two occasions when with colleagues or with friends who are the better lot than me. But then, those guys were merely fooling around and it never went beyond a minute. Still, they acted calmly much to my surprise like they go through this everyday. Very admirable.


When it came to my turn (eurgh..the thought of it..), I acted like a wussy because it all stemmed from the fact that I didnt know where he came from. He might just be someone who pounced upon any suspecting victims coming out of the library. He could be one of the cleaners who were cleaning up the library compound at that time. Plus, he came from behind and how can be so spot on that Im Malay from my back view unless of course, he had been observing me for some time. Or, he just played with luck.


I know I may seem to think too much but I guess that's just me. It is indeed an eye opener for me and maybe I'll react better next time...I don't know. However, to say that he's astounded by my superficial beauty..I cant say either. I wouldn't look down on myself by thinking I don't deserve the attention because we are all beautiful in our own ways. Some may gaze upon them while we think that we're nowhere near beauty.


Im not gonna play mind games with myself to think about why he was so keen to get to know me. Okaylah, truth be told, I can only admire the fact...that, I was admired..hehe. Fortunately, not by some sleazebag like some bangladesh workers who never saw women before.


I don't believe Im saying this either...but I also admire your courage. And you didn't go into my personal space so thank you for respecting me. I'd better stop being apologetic before I give the wrong impression to anyone..hehe. Wow..me admired? That's a nice thought..*grinning*..like what my fren said, it's only the beginning. Gee, thanks for the 'encouragement'.

Comments

Popular Posts