Flea Market and Make Up Haul

I never thought that I would go to this flea market but I did, thanks to a friend of mine who found out about the flea market thanks to one of her friends who had set up booth there. One of the online shops that I get some of my make up stuffs from had set up 10 booths selling most of their collections here at the flea market and they're brand new, though technically it's called a flea market. But anyway, to get in the spirit of the flea market, I did eventually buy a blouse, which I think it's second hand (or how my friend termed it as...'vintage'..) and it costs me only 8 bucks.


I saw quite a few tops that look good but my friend got them first, haha. There was one which I fancied but I already told myself to get proper blouses like the wearable types where I don't have to wear another shirt or camisole underneath coz I have quite a few of them already and I seldom wear those. Let's just say, I'm the fuss free sort..haha..unless of course I feel like I want to dress up a little.


Anyhoo, I got me some make up stuffs *grins* and I did well, in terms of budget coz judging from the crowd and what they put in the basket, we can all go crazy over the items especially when they're rather easy on the pockets. Me? I got a few things which I would post the pics up later but my best purchase was the NYX eye makeup base. My friend said the right word is primer but well, doesn't really matter as long as it does what it is supposed to do, which is to hold my eyeshadow so that it will last longer and does not crease.


I have yet to try the products yet except for two of them which is the lip cream and the eyeliner. I can never apply a decent line across my eyelids and the fact that they're pretty oily and my eyes can't close properly for me to draw a decent line, I need a tool that will make it work.


So far, what I have been using which I learnt from you tube is to use an existing eyeliner pencil and just dip it into the eyeliner gel to get just some of the colour and use that pencil as a tool. It works actually. It's not as hard as using a brush which can cause feathering especially if the quality of the brush isn't top notch and the most frustrating thing is when it spoils the whole eye makeup which I have spent time on. Plus, because it is a pencil, there is better control.


I thought that it was aight as in okay. Not fantastic but can't be helped much coz my eyelids are pretty oily so I need several applications for it to stand out. At the very least, it did give me a thin line which I wanted as using the eyeliner pencil as a tool will make a thicker line which is nice but at times, I just need a decent thin line which is less dramatic but still add a bit of oomph factor to your eyes, especially if your eye makeup is already rather dramatic.


Okay enough talking..on with the pics! (I'm actually writing and editing the pics at the same time)


My friend bought this for me as a gift..everything needed for purple smokey look
 I got them all for $18

The lip cream that cost $10. It's a nice brown matte lipcream, good for nude looks.

The online one was out of stock but I got the eyeshadow base here in the shade I want..yippee!

Yay..now I can draw thin lines!

I'm loving the lip cream! I bought a brownish tone coz I don't like my lips to stand out too much.

Not part of the haul but I got this at F21 at only $5..neat!

My friend bought many shoes and I didn't get any :( but she got me this pretty bracelet.


The blouse that I got from the flea market. It cinches at the waist. Perfect for fat me..haha.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts