Bigotry Exists

I won't say I'm smart because the truth is that I may not be able to hold a strong viewpoint in a stand off against someone with strong opinions. But I get irked easily and can say my blood comes to a boiling point when I listen or read about people's homophobic rants or insensitive opinions on race and religion, for instance. Bigotry is alive people. They may think of themselves as smart but I just feel that they are at best being cocky and narrow minded.


I read about one person's homophobic rant on facebook before and it was truly TRULY condemning. Look, we may not agree with their lifestyle but don't treat them as though they are different species or from different planets. Coming from a minority race, it is already bad enough how the majority race looks at us sometimes as not worthy or troublemakers. And then there you are, displaying such vile form of bigotry on facebook on these people like it's their fault AIDs exist.


But in some countries, bigotry is even worse off even though Singapore itself does not tolerate their lifestyle as well and punishes them as they go against the "law". While that itself is condemning, these people may have it worse especially those in smaller US states where they can even get beaten to death just for being gay. Talk about globalisation and how the world is changing.


People, don't be quick to judge. See people beyond their skin colour, sexuality, gender and then you will come to embrace the fact that the world is made up of people from different walks of life and that we are all just trying to survive in this big bad world every each and passing day. For me, I had been ostracized before when I was young and it didn't help that some teachers played along even though they were supposed to be our mentors in our growing up years. I can choose to be defiant and hateful towards other people because of their ill treatment. At one point of my teenage life, I was being rebellious though properties were unharmed but I was scared of the world. I just didn't know how to go on living because everyone was so mean to me and they even quipped at me by saying to me 'you have friends?!' and they laughed at me. THEY LAUGHED AT ME. This, coming from a group of people, who could argue and win in a debate. But in terms of moral ethics, they had none. I believe such people still exist and that's why you have so many vile and thoughtless comments coming from them who think they have seen everything, know everything but infact, they don't. They haven't suffered hardship enough and all their lives, things have been presented to them on a golden platter. They may have traveled overseas but all they see are just tourist attractions or shopping destinations. They haven't see the worst of the worst where people slug it out all day and night without any complaint just to make a living.


So stop with all the baseless hatred and just concentrate on your own life and how you can make it better so that your children will not grow up to be bigots like you too.






follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts