Major Boo Boo of a Blouse

Okay I'm going to do a quick blog post. It's more like a confessional blog post coz I...er..did something  I'm not supposed to and I think I've used up my 'But I'm just a girl!' trump card :S 


I bought a freaking blouse. It was just a harmless purchase you may say but you know how undeniably tight I am this month in terms of my finance though based on my recent pay, I have managed to put aside some money that may or may not last until my next pay but I remain hopeful. But I certainly didn't budget for this! Hrmph.


Oh well. Damage has already been done. Okay what blouse did I manage to buy? But more importantly, where did I buy it from? It's actually from a Kovan market. Yes, market as in wet market. The wet market is behind and then infront of the newly refurbished food and wet market centre, is this row of shops that sell clothes, clothing alterations and a few others. Normally I would just breeze by such stores even those in the shopping malls coz I think in my whole entire working life when I was previously in the outfield, I've done enough window shopping that would last me a lifetime. Unless I'm super bored of sitting down while waiting for a friend, for example.


Then nowadays, in order to save money, I will usually look around and see what people wear and then decide, oh I like that look or that blouse. And yes during moments when I DO window shop like when I am with my friends, I will have an idea of what I want to wear so I don't end up buying something which I later do not wear.


And that freaking blouse is what I've been wanting!! Ok fine. I actually have a similar one but it's a bit on the body hugging side and I can only wear it on erm..'good' days when I don't feel as fat as I actually am. Complicated, no? Plus the fact that my friend wanted me to buy it so that she can get it at only $15 as 2 will be for $30 instead of $19.90 each -_- Then, the kind sales guy actually dug out to find one in my size when at first we could not find it and my friend was the only one who went to try out the blouse. So if I don't get, I would feel like bad sheep. 


I still think for a small shop in a place with no air con, it's still pricey. I am not sure if I'm supposed to bargain the price down or something. To me, $18 is a bit much. I would say give $15 is a more appropriate price although the cheaper the better, hee. I didn't want to get it and she didn't pressurize me into getting it either but every one who walked past by it, I noticed, seemed to be drawn by it. I would say it was a Cotton On or HFM rip off but if it's in my size and more comfortable to wear than those body hugging type, why not? 


I'm too lazy to take a picture of it and post it up online..yadah yadah yadah...obviously you know I don't have a flair for photo taking. But I have a flair of...snatching people's image online, heh. (we have thing called Google, remember?)


It looks like this, only thing the colour reversed but still, black & white.

Okay, the stupid thing won't load. So you imagine yourself, k? It's this black and white horizontal striped blouse with puffed sleeves. I know they say that if you are on the bigger side, do NOT wear a horizontal striped top but it depends actually. If the lines are thin, it doesn't make a difference. Plus, it's nice to have a bit of pattern instead of just a boring one solid colour though I'm kinda guilty of that too.


Looks like I have to find a way to get back that $18 but so far, I managed to save up about $14 so it's all fair game I guess. I'm supposed to save this money so that next month, I can still hobble on one foot till my next pay. Sometimes they say, when opportunity comes knocking, don't push them away. So..does this count?


Plus I am always amazed with this cupboard that I bought many many years ago and how the rack can still hold up my many hung up clothing pieces. I hardly fold clothes coz they're such a chore except my skirts. Plus it's easier to pick and choose what blouse I want. My skirts are pretty generic so I don't really have to choose but more like which blouse will go well with this skirt. Some of these clothes are hand me downs and while I don't get why the original owners want to give them away coz they still look new but if they don't want, and they look good on me, they can hand it over to me :D


I save money and I get to wear a different style from the usual.


So am I guilty as charged? I guess I can say, no. Consider it as a last warning for me.





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts