Some People are Just So...

I have to honestly say that I'm not in the best of health recently. I told you before that I got the diabetic genes and I guess around this age, it may start to kick in and I'm trying so hard to keep major illnesses like this at bay even if it means giving up most of the good food. 


I went to work last Saturday and spent a good amount of time outside running here and there on little food as fuel :S and ended up with a gigantic headache. Although it was gone last Sunday, it came back again the next day though in smaller doses but still irritating enough. I had a sleepless night where I kept waking up every now and then feeling dazed like where the heck am I. While I already established that I was in the safe comfort of my room, it still didn't feel safe enough for me that I often woke up pretty shocked. 


While I mention that I try to keep to a healthy diet on weekdays, I'm still human. Like I have a major sweet tooth and my weakness is sweet drinks and chocolates. For sweet drinks, I don't gulp down coke and other sweet can drinks. Normally every day I bring a bottle of my mum's home made tea which I drink through out the day and in the afternoon for lunch, I drink hot cocoa. I used to drink another sweet drink in the evening followed by yet another sweet drink at night when I reach home but no more already. I have limit myself to the tea and cocoa or milo. If I'm thirsty in the evening, I will just drink plain water. For chocolates, while I actually like dark chocolates better, I always end up getting for free the usual chocolates with some caramel which isn't to my liking but when you're freaking hungry, you don't always complain, right? Unless it's really not worth consuming. I only eat a small bar like the ones you find in treat sizes and at most have one or two pieces to satisfy the craving. Occasionally, I eat three but that is hardly and more often it's because I forgot I ate one earlier on, heh.


I guess to me it's not always because the case of diet. It has to do with my emotional being often worrying about things like not having enough money but then miraculously always made it to the next pay day by a hair line with some spare cash. Actually I don't know if this will happen again till December but I can only hope for the best. My colleague was also telling me how now she is only left with $200 after pay and then now she is struggling and don't know if she can afford to eat until the next month. But it's strange to hear her say that coz every now and then I  hear her making dinner arrangements with her friends in school and it's not some el cheapo restaurants. She also tell me about her jaw dropping purchases like spending more than $150 on clothes in her recent shopping spree and spending $200 on her brand new specs.


But seriously, while you often hear me rant on this blog about how it's so hard to maintain the finances so that my family don't go hungry, when I hear people rant when they don't have money and then hearing about what they spend and mind you they're not small amounts, I can only shake my head. They seem to put themselves in undesirable conditions by the choices they make. And yet they complain. I don't really see the point.


My aunt is also this sort of people but of a different 'breed'. She raved about how much she made last Saturday and then wanted to treat us out. And then when come to the actual thing, she kept saying that she needed to withdraw money but never actually actively went to find a freaking atm machine. And then my mother ended up spending on her including buying for her daughter a container of chocolates that cost $8 which I will NEVER ask my mum to buy but her daughter blatantly asking my aunt if my mother could buy for her. And of course my mother, the goodwill ambassador, bought for that kid.


I mean if you know your daughter wanted to buy that box of chocolates coz she had been harping on it earlier on, then you find that machine la! Isn't it obvious she wanted my mum to spend instead? Haiz..and before that she was saying oh, she made this and this amount of money coz she managed to sell this and this things.


I just don't get some people. My colleague and my aunt. If you are poor, don't act like you are rich lah and then after that complain you don't have enough money.


wtf.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts