A Home for a House

Im upset that I'm one of my close friends confided in me about her housing problems and how she is going to lose the house that she has been staying for about 13 years with her family. I love her house coz it's so spacious and so nice and clean although every year that I go there the furniture stays almost the same and there aren't much changes. I want to live in such a big and spacious house too although it will be quite a nightmare for me to walk from one place to another and Im not even talking about the cleaning.


Then my aunt is also going to find a place to stay in because she has to rent out her current place for some extra income in order to help pay off her house in Johor. She decided she will stay at my place temporarily but I don't know how temporary that will be actually. She will shuttle from my house to her new home in Johor because her daughter will be studying here until they find a solution to get her a school over there to cut down the inconvenience.


Honestly, I just cannot imagine losing the roof over my family's head. You've read about how I struggle to get co ownership for my house which I have applied earlier this year but due to many setback, the transfer of ownership has been delayed. I also had to pay off an outstanding amount before they will process my application and I've talked about the challenges of paying it off. Lucky thing is that I managed to pay them off and although I struggled to pay them including the admin fees, all in all I'm relieved that I have not lost my house. 


I don't mind my house not being big and beautiful. I don't mind that my house is not well furnished with luxurious looking furniture. It's a home to me and currently I'm not struggling to pay it off compared to living in a bigger house where the occupants have to make a hefty payment every month in order to continue living there. When you have to struggle, it's not a good thing. The next best option is to downgrade and even if the living space is smaller, at least you still have a place to live in instead of ending up staying at the beach or at the void deck which sadly, many of the families in our malay community are doing so.


I hope HDB will be able to get my friend and her family a house asap. Although their next challenge will be to find a house within their budget because in the first place, both husband and wife don't earn much, I hope it's not a prolonged problem.


I've said it before and I've said it again that life is unpredictable. You just have to be mentally strong to face the challenges because they can really take a toll on you emotionally. I do wish that I don't get to face up to such challenges but unfortunately, I do. It's also a constant challenge for me because I'm the sole breadwinner and I struggle to pay bills especially my utilities bill as it's never a small amount. The fact that I don't earn much either add on to the struggle.


I know that there are others who are in more dire state than me so I just have to suck it up and do something about my life and make changes here and there to ease the burden. It's okay that I don't get to buy new clothes every pay day or new shoes even. But there was one point in my life where my pay was so pathetic that I only had one pair of shoes which even then I had to superglue them more than once so that I could wear it again. Now I have more but it's not like it's a lot but less than 10 and I take care of them by putting in their original boxes. Plus I only buy shoes during sales or when I get my bonus because more importantly the surplus money or the savings will be for future expenditure.


For my dear friends, please stay strong and pray every day to God for a lighter burden although God will not test you beyond your capabilities. I have you in my thoughts.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts