For the Sake of Vanity

I dont know about you girls but there's always something 'special' about guys who praise you. Of course it's nice to hear them say how nice you are or how funny you are. But it's even nicer if they say that you are pretty, you look good and the latest one (yes, I'm talking about myself here, ha!) that I have such smooth skin. O praise me till I can't come down from the sky!


Sometimes girls like me who border on the fence in terms of physical appearance will feel good and even over the moon when they hear such nice praises especially since we don't get them too often :S While I still admire those girls who really really take the much effort to make their 'blah' look to even more 'gorgeous' albeit with a LOT of help, I still think your personality will outshine all the stuffs that you put on your face to hide your imperfections. 


But we can always have the best of both worlds..hee.


I also need positive affirmations like this to tell me that my updated beauty routine such as ritually putting on the night moisturizer every night and to scrub my skin, both face and body, at least twice a week, that it's not a wasted effort. I'm a lazy bugger so it always seems like a huge chore for me. While I'm mostly doing it for myself, I don't think it can kill me to say that if it attracts a nice decent good looking guy to turn his direction at me, why not? :D

Currently I have developed pretty bad eating habits although it's only in small doses coz after many years of training myself to eat right, it's difficult to veer too far away from it.  But since I have been off the shopping scene for quite a while (except for this one black cardigan selling at $10 which I bought yesterday), I want to go in back again with a bang! And with money too lah. Like all other government officials who don't earn much, or other salaried workers also who don't rack in lots every month, the big B is always good. Bonus. To me, besides the chance of saving quite a lot of money, I get to pamper myself with new things after being deprived for so long.


I want to try to be in shape when I go shopping around that time after my December pay. I don't want the idea of me being unfit to spoil the shopping mood especially when I try the clothes on, and the only thing I can think of is how fat I look in them despite it being in my size. That truly sucks. 


So now, I shall refocus my attention on eating right all over again and not veering off the track. Or well at least not that too far off. For once, I shall say this is purely not health reason but for the sake of vanity.


To add to that, I shall now start *gulps* writing down what I eat. Actually it does help for the time being as it keeps you informed on what you have you been eating. So before you buy that stick of oily deep fried nuggets, it will make you think twice before buying or risk writing that down as what you have eaten for the day. Then after writing them down diligently, you will know where have you gone wrong when you put on weight and swear that you think that you didn't eat that much. You will never know that there are lotsa hidden calories in your daily diet.


So I shall now put in much effort in my last leg of journey to look and feel good by the end of the year. Keep those praises coming guy! heh..








follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts