Night Visits

Recently I have to go to the toilet every two hours at night and that sucks. When that happens, t's not a good sign actually and I should have known better. The reason being it could be a sign of diabetes as I have my a high sugar content in my blood as diabetes runs in my genes. Diabetes can be controlled and you can prevent it from occurring if you could take good care of your health by limiting your sugar intake even from food with hidden sugar.  Honestly, I am not a fan of plain water because plain water is just so...eurgh..but you need to drink water or load up on fruits. Without water, you will lack nutrients in your body and your hair can go limp and your skin can start to be dry and itchy etc etc..


I do drink as I get thirsty quite easily although I don't eat much in the day. My only vice is that when I drink, it's mostly sugared drinks though I don't drink soft drinks like coca cola on a frequent basis. It is a nice cool drink to have when you order food outside especially spicy food but since I hardly eat out, I don't drink it frequently. What I do drink is tea, which my mum makes for me when I go to work and pack it in a mineral water bottle. In the afternoon, I will make myself a mug of hot cocoa. It used to be I will drink yet another sweet drink in the later afternoon or evening like ribena but I stop that already. And I try not to drink again when I reach home but I can get so thirsty coz I try to contain my hunger as well that I will drink something when I get back home. Lucky thing is that we don't keep sweet drinks at home though at times we go to the provision shops downstairs and get us some drinks if we're so freaking thirsty.


So where is this deal with sweet drinks? Actually, I don't quite know where but I just think that it could be when I reach home and drink up on something sweet which I did say I can get easily from the provision shops. But I did mention too that in my blood, there is a naturally high amount of sugar so if I try to top it up with something sweet, it can cause a major spike. So far I am quite lucky that I have not suffered any other symptoms and that my frequent gym and walking sessions after work have kept me away from flu and fever this year though sometimes I do experience headaches, though only mild ones, when I have to do quite a lot of thinking at work when I use the office mac. The screen is big so you can imagine what happens after a whole day of staring at it :S I wish I have more of the job where I don't always have to stare at it but it isn't much. And I am also trying to control what I eat so I don't eat much and then trying not to eat until I reach home. My body wants more food but I can't always give in or otherwise I will have a hard time trying to lose the excess weight :S


Im just speculating what may have caused the toilet visits at night every two hours the last few days though it's a lucky thing too that this doesn't occur to me frequently. I just realized too that I was bloated yesterday coz well, my stomach doesn't usually bulge out though it's not flat and then when I slap on it, can hear the sounds of water like there's a full reservoir in it. I don't know if I will visit the toilet quite frequently at night when I sleep later on but so far, what I have drank is one bottle of 100 plus as I cannot live without this when I have a gym session, a cup of water and two small cups of pepsi mixed with plain water as we bought pizza with a bottle of pepsi as well.


So far there are no sores on my hand, except for one small one, and itchy patches on my legs particularly my ankle so I think the sugar content in my blood is still in the controlled range. Oh by the way, when you attempt to switch to a healthier lifestyle, your past may still come back to haunt you. Doesn't mean I have stopped eating a lot of food it means that I am much healthier. Yes I do feel better, though I wish I have not given up eating them :S, and yet I am still susceptible to being at high risk of developing high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease etc (and touch wood) because of my very bad diet the last time where I don't care about the world when I eat and I eat as much as I can coz..uhm...I thought that I am already so fat and so ugly, nobody wants to marry me let alone show interest, so why do I even care about it? I might as well just let loose lah.


Obviously I was still young and immature back then.


Basically what I am doing now is to just control my diet so that these life threatening diseases won't come and plague me for life as I do want to live longer and healthier. Once in awhile, I do indulge in food like pizza or fried chicken but will pay back by eating lesser the next one or two days. But I will never starve myself so that I will look thinner, which unfortunately some women do that, such as young mothers, because they want to be in the category of hot mamas where people will look at them and will never think that oh, this is the mother of three kids. I'm sure they can be hot without compromising on their health.


I hope I will get past this bad episode as I don't like it when my health is in this state and I cannot imagine having my life taken over by diabetes. I pray hard for a healthier life so that I will be in a good state to work and earn money for myself and my family.



follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts