Zen Budget and Zen Food

I want to do a quick blog entry but every time I attempt to do one, it always end up as a long entry. This entry is what I call, 'before i bathe, i decided to waste my time' entry.

First of all, some serious stuff, I want to offer my condolences to a good friend of mine whose mother passed away few days ago after a long battle with cancer. She was a good mum, very patient with her children and her estranged husband and I will always remember her as a soft spoken woman whom I knew of for more than ten years and who had long fought a battle with illnesses and not just cancer ever since she was young. She had lived a good long life and had been loved unconditionally by all her children until the day she passed. My prayers go out to her. Amin.

And as stated in the comments box by MARIAH, it was quite a trip going to her hometown of Yishun..precisely, Chong Pang (which my ex colleagues praised of whenever they covered that area for field visits). We went to North Point and then proceeded to Chong Pang. In all, I spent more than what I could have spent in downtown Orchard Road..heh. Come to think of it, perhaps the make up stuffs I bought was not necessary yet as it was not on my wish list or 'things to buy list' because Im a believer of using things until they seriously run out even if the pencil eye liner becomes mega short. But then again, I have a tendency to have a 'clouded' mind on the first day of payday and then pull myself down to reality and telling myself to be extra careful with my expenses the next few days.

Perhaps, the ONLY thing that was worth it was the pair of black jeans that I bought from the outskirt of Chong Pang market. It doesnt have those frilly frilly ugly stuffs that usually adorned jeans from these kind of places. Actually I was looking for a black pair of tights but knowing that I dont have a pair of to-die-for legs, it will be the oddest thing to wear. Instead, I settled for a black pair of jeans which I had to wear a few sizes bigger because, as claimed by the aunties at the shop, is a pair of skinny jeans. Even though it doesnt have the word 'skinny' on the label or whatsoever, I assumed it is from the way it, er...wraps round my legs?! Is that why they're called skinny jeans?! You know how fashion impaired I am.

I tried to wear the 'normal' black jeans about my size and dang! It could not fit my legs well though I can still can zip up and button but soon unbuttoned it coz I felt the cutting was pretty small. It was either that or I had put on weight of which just now, I tried my Giordano pair of jeans that was a size smaller that the jeans I tried on and it still could fit..phewh..so the cutting WAS small..heh.

Okay, skinny or not, at the very least, I finally got a pair of black jeans that could wear with watever. It is opposed to the other black pants that i have that are slightly cropped coz, uhm..I like wearing cropped pants but it will be nice to wear pants that go all the way to my ankles for once. And oh, I still dont consider myself as a jeans wearer and I still dislike jeans because I dont really think it suits me like how it does to other people but whatever it is, having at least a pair of jeans is considered a 'must-have'. However, I do agree that it is convenient to wear with most tops especially on days that you dont feel like dressing up but still have to somehow look decent enough and putting on a pair of jeans will fulfill that.

Of course my mum groans at the fact that I have added another one to my jeans collection because it will be one more thing for her to wash. So she was saying that I have been easily blinded and easily influenced by people to buy. Okaylah, maybe i had sidetracked a bit because actually, I was keeping aside some money to buy my liquid facial soap that has run out and will cost me about thirty plus to buy a new one. So I will see how I can try to save the next few days in order to maintain the 'zen' in my budgeting..haha.

Tomorrow is Nat's birthday and me and Mariah had bought her some gifts. Hopefully she can spare us some time in the next two weeks so we can dump the presents on her..ha! Perhaps we'll just throw a simple celebration for her like a dinner or something which gives me an excuse to eat a bit more than my usual weekdays' fare of yawnable food. Trust me, eating oatmeal for lunch on most weekdays is no joke but now that I dont travel for work, and sits down most times, I have to maintain a balance in my diet or resort to my mum saying 'your tummy looks bigger now' or 'your skirt looks hiked up which means that your bum is bigger'. Yes, she's the very same person who asks me to eat something for lunch.

See I told you this is no quick entry.

Comments

Popular Posts