Food Overkill

I think every day, I will try my best to not make anymore mistakes at work..heh. And please Rahayu...take note of important details like name, class and phone numbers! Anyway, talking about phone numbers, sometimes people can be so freaking rude! I got hung up...three bloody times! There was this one irritating caller dunno call from where....okay I actually I did ask..but what a strange sounding place, calling to ask for a particular teacher and then when I said she's not in the staff room currently, she slammed down the bloody phone! And then again, another person called and apparently from the same place, when I said the same thing again about the teacher, she just hung up like that also! The first one called again like half an hour later and this time I was like asking, does the teacher know her phone number and she said no and later she will give the handphone number and guess what? She bloody hung up on me again!

WTF!
I told the teacher when I saw her later about the irritating caller and she told me just ignore lah. Yah easy for her to say coz I was the one who had to bear their freaking habit of hanging up! Oh by the way, if people call up the school, which apparently is also my working place, be prepared to often hear my voice on the other line. Apparently, my colleagues had enough of calls already over the years. They were all ignorant but there were times of course they would pick up and I think after that they would be so..eurgh...lazy and I understand why too. I like how one of them, this guy who had been with the school for the last ten years, answered the phone. He didnt bother to check the timetable, just transfer the line and say whoever's name and say 'your call'. Im like..'eh? how the heck he does that without going to the PA system?! Anyway, he did tell me the school often receive a lot of 'nuisance' calls from parents who apparently are too free.

Infact, some are so regular that they know the staff's names and if they go to office, and I come up to them and acknowledge their presence, they will ignore me and would rather wait for another of my colleague to finish attending with another parent. At first Im a bit miffed like hello, I work here too just like how one mumbled under her breath who she could speak to while I was right infront of her. But after awhile, Im like 'whatever..' and even though I think it's rude of them to ignore people just like that in general especially if one tries to offer them help, I take it positively like one less parent to deal with especially the 'regulars'..ha! Anyway they're not worth my time and I would rather attend to those that are not as biased as them.

Well enough of work talk and okay, maybe just squeeze in one bit of info. Later today there will be phototaking for the staff. Im not really looking forward to it coz I still feel like Im not part of the school even though it has been close to one month since I last worked here. Sometimes I feel that if I am posted to a different school which is not Chinese dominated, I may fit in well. But at the same time, I feel that I should feel priviledged coz it's not often that a Malay gets to work in such a Chinese dominated environment and furthermore, if it is Malay dominated like my previous work department, it is not a good thing also. There is a lot of gossiping and busybodies which can be very frustrating especially if they always try to nitpick on other people but they themselves are not that perfect either.

Anyway, eversince I received some money last week, it had been quite a whirlwind especially when it comes to food. It's not that I had not been eating well except for that one period of time the whole week I had to survive on oatmeal for lunch to save money. It's just that I keep buying for my family food coz no matter how cash strapped we are, they still need to eat and telling them they cant eat this or that is like giving them a slap across their face. And I was like telling myself that if I have money, I'll buy this food or that food for myself and apparently I did when I finally get the money.

And then after buying, I hardly eat the whole packet actually and share it with my mum although if it doesnt taste nice or to my mum's preference, she would play cheat and eat like a quarter of it only but said she ate half. And then after three long days, and spending almost $150 mainly on food and groceries, and although I share my food (like half a doughnut or half a peanut pancake) or what, I think my body is not accustomed to an array of food day after day...haha. Like for example, I usually limit rice up to three times a week only all this time but I went a wee bit past the quota so it felt like I had more than enough.

Yesterday, the thought of eating make me feel that Im pretty tired of it. So yes my friend, it's back to a wholemeal diet for both lunch and dinner and this time, it's not the case of being broke. I think it just needs to rest for a bit and I shall expect a bit of side effects like headache before starting to eat so called normal food, though still trying to be healthier, or I will start to feel nauseous again such as this totally 'eurgh...' feeling.

Dont get me wrong now..I love me food and Im not one of those diet-centric people despite trying to stay healthier and all that shit because Im still trying to lose weight. But like I've said before, there is a time for me to enjoy and a time for me to be disciplined all for the sake of health. Actually, to me it's a good thing coz I get to enjoy food better coz you tend to appreciate food especially those that you hardly eat making it a more enjoyable experience.

That means to say............

I want me Ramen!! And I want me Spaghetti!

I think I may have recovered from my nauseousness pretty fast already.

Comments

Popular Posts