Just Gotta Do It

Im done with paying bills..without opening, er..some of them up because I dont want to give myself some unwanted heart attacks. Trust me, the chest pains I had two weeks ago was more than enough. Well, at the very least, throughout some difficult times, I expected my internet to get cut off, but it didnt actually until the day I got paid. And every midnight, I was like...'pls pls pls...let the internet work..' and miraculously it did.

Anyway, I can tell you one thing about money is that they sure run out pretty fast. I have actually set aside 100bucks for half of this week and I have about 30 bucks left and the week has not even started yet...which I half expected to have left since Sunday is part of the weekend and that I eventually had to buy that Clinique liquid facial soap. And oh, I finally got myself an umbrella that worked..heh. Okay, technically, I had not used it yet but I expected the umbrella to be in a better working condition that the previous $2.50 umbrella? Now now..dont laugh at that.

But I think I would have lesser than that if not for my mum's help in contributing a bit of money for the past two days since my father has some money probably given by my relatives to get by the week.

Anyway, I actually felt sleeping now but for the past few days, before I fall asleep, I think about my work and the people at my workplace. So much so, I even dreamt about them though the only one I could recall was with this one particular teacher. Leeeeet's just say that he's not one that is droolworthy but he does impressed me with his friendliness by actually shaking my hand and introducing himself to me on the first day instead of seeing me as some foreign object. But ever since I have officially carried my duty in closing the office, he has been quite an ass in getting his, er...ass, out of the office like there's always some last minute thing to do or something. Even if he has to climb back up the spiral staircase, like even twice, just to grab a hard disk..save a file...pack his things..blah blah making me retort..'YOU AGAIN!'

Despite his annoying habit of staying late and staying put at his place even after passing by his table even up to three times, he has been pretty nice to me. Uhm, although his 'affectionate' words to me do make me feel like he's treating me like a younger colleague, it does also make me feel awkward a bit like heh, what if people hear because I dont hear him saying such things to other colleagues of mine, in particular, the one behind me who is so 'on' with almost every one.

In other words, I see them as no big deal though I think he IS careful when he utters such words. Okay, like he said 'yes dear'...and when I was switching off the lights so the office seemed half lit, he was like 'doesnt this feel romantic to you with the lights off?'...and when I was walking off and he called me over to sign the key signing acknowledgement paper..I was telling him, 'tsk..I didnt walk fast enough' and he said 'too bad you didnt walk fast so now I need your beautiful signature'. Oh, and his latest 'affectionate' foray was when he sent me an email saying that he didnt see the letter scanned by me to be uploaded by him and I replied that oh okay, it was there when I checked but nevermind, I rescanned again. It was strictly official email sorta junk, yes I call them emails as junk, and he sent a reply saying 'yes dearie, I see it now and thank you'.

Again it didnt really bother me unless he's my type and UNMARRIED..heh..until I backtracked a bit and was like..'shit! dont tell me he cc'ed that email to the rest!' and smart move, he didnt in contrast to the earlier email.

So okay, Rahayu has had enough with this 'scandal' thingey again with a married man. Although he's not as good looking as Dennis the Bugger, I would say he's okay looking only with a typical look of a married early thirty something man or a token daddy look for a young kindergarten going kid.

But still, people like him 'colours' my work life a bit with their quirkiness and their friendliness just like a young Chinese teacher whose cubicle I always swing by whenever I do a closing up of the teachers' staff room. I mean so far, the working environment has been quite a snoozefest although I have psyched myself up to not think about that and focus on work instead and to go home at the end of the day. So now it doesnt really seem to be a big deal and there is always Mariah to chat with online to beat the boredom blues of being stuck in office instead of travelling and seeing the many different places and catch up with other colleagues.

Anyway, whatever it is...the biggest joy is to come home and be able to log on the net and forget about my blues whether at work or in other parts of my life. So talking about life, that's how it is. Sometimes you just have to do it whether you like it or not.

Just like washing my hair, which I dislike after a long harrowing childhood experience when my mum used to do that for me. It's something I have to do or I'll end up with smelly hair and cuts my 'beauty' in half. Yes, it's that bad.

Comments

Popular Posts