No Miss Independent

Hrm...apparently Im not in my blogging mode right now but! Knowing me, I somehow can manage to gather a bunch of ramblings..haha..

Mariah got her internet fixed earlier in the night! woohoo! I welcome her to the world of internet! If you dont already know (sheesh...), the internet is my second home...although the toilet would be vying for a close call. I know her frustrations if the internet doesnt work and even though it doesnt often happen to me, if it happens, it feels like my world has just collapsed and Im forced to go through all the possible technicalities to get the damn thing running again. Even if it means tinkering with it in the dead of the night coz I often surf at night.

One of the worst ones I had was when I kinda screwed up something in order to speed up my internet (my bad..) and after a few hours of tinkering with it, I made up my own alternative where I had to think up of a unique IP address in order for the connection to pass through. So uhm, basically my IP address maybe different from another starhub broadband user...heh..though it still gives them authority to disconnect my internet if I didnt pay on time..hrmph.

OW...my brain hurts from all the geek talk.

Okay I may suck at being independent in real life though most times I really try my best to get rid of the fears. But when the situation calls for it, I am seriously left with no choice but to just trudge ahead. Ya Im talking about work. Oh, and I will never underestimate the teachers who doesnt look like they'll hit a fly but they're so fierce to their students..I can pee in my pants. Like earlier, one p6 teacher who is quite a young Malay girl (I say 'young' coz she's my age..heh..) whom I categorize as a non fly swatter, was fierce with her students and even poking them at their shoulders when they were misbehaving.

Which brings me to one point..I can never become a teacher. But then again, who knows I can. As what I said earlier, when the situation calls for it, I had to. Like just now, I had to take care of the classes that came in for the photography sessions and keep them in order and one class was like..eurgh..blood suckers..coz their teacher was on MC so they were half here and half there. I had to keep shouting at them to line up and I think I just lost a number in my future age.

At first I was struggling coz I had never handled this kind of thing before so I didnt know what was there to do except to call for the classes down..who very much took their time to do so. So my supervisor was like..you have to do this...you have to do that...so yah, clearly..I had to be instructed on what to do and I felt like I had been quite a let down. But after I got the hang of it, Im okay and managed to follow the schedule and finished the phototaking thingey on time single handedly as the rest of my colleagues got back to their work. So much so..when the noise died down (like finally!), my supervisor was like..eh, why so quiet..and I said, oh they're done with the phototaking already.

It was quite an experience. I hope you dont mind me rambling quite a lot about my work recently coz as you know, this job is not only new to me but also Im very much new to working in an office indoors. If my colleagues werent so helpful, I would probably die. Every day I learn new things and every day too, I try to lessen my mistakes as well no matter how small they are. Tomorrow will officially mark my 1st month with the job and hrm Im thinking of treating myself to the new.....

Milo Mcflurry?

Im a Milo fan! I cant help it! But it's ice cream though..hrm....so Im still considering. Okay, how about...milo ice blended!

Woohoo...bubble tea!

Comments

Popular Posts