Greek Me

Sorrie..kinda put my blogging spirit on hold..was busy..well...doing some late night activity which is usually reserved for blogging. Well, ever since this one venture to finding an internet streaming (read: free movie) led to a whole array of US and UK tv shows that I have heard of but never got to watch it, except to read about it and occasionally, watch on youtubes or other video sharing websites or blogs, kinda got engrossed into it.

Right now, I am watching the first episode of GREEK, which is a US college drama about fraternities or Greek houses in an imaginery university. Last Sunday,was watching episode 10 and I understand why even grown men were watching the show and got hooked on it even though, like me, they thought that it was just some, well..teen drama. Okay it was but the scripting was so clever and funny and the actors and actresses looked so 'real' unlike the primp and proper characters on Gossip Girl which is way too much drama just like how teenagers often imagine their lives to be if they are rich, popular and gorgeous.

Excuse me while I catch the rest of the episode (it has been put on hold as I blog..haha..). Oh, I stopped at the part where Rusty, the new Geeky college student, was accepted by two fraternities. One was a proper fraternity of brothers that has carried on the tradition through years while the other, well..was more popular for their wild parties. So the former gave me a formal letter of acceptance complete with a masthead and sealed in an envelope written and guess how the other one conveyed the message that Rusty got into the fraternity?

Via a sticky note pad with just a message that he's in Kappa Tau. Cracks me up.


ps: Im only watching season 1 now even though it ended way in July last year..yes, call me a later bloomer.


Comments

Popular Posts