Small Blessing

Sometimes I find that God works in mysterious ways to help us and Im really thankful for every bit of miracle He offers to us. Like last Friday, i was pretty upset that I was not able to set aside at least 30 dollars for the weekend coz usually during this time, I have to spend quite a bit on my family. I mean it's not that much too but at least something..better than nothing. So I was just practically thinking how to survive this weekend with the expenditures that are sure to come my way. Then, on Saturday, as I was gonna withdraw the money that I had set aside for the next week instead, I found some extra money and I was practically gasping like..'huh?'..It turned that I got an extra 50 dollars. I thought that I might have made a mistake or something..or or..the bank made a mistake. I know that part of it comes from this buyer who bought a pair of Mondo shoes from me...( a bit of self sacrifice on my part)..but it could not have accumulated until 50 what. The money that I received selling my shoes off was slightly more than enough to top up my ez link which is also one of my concerns coz I need transport money for work.

In other words, I had an additional 30 0ver dollars which I could not put my finger on. Transport claims had already been deposited so cant be my company deposited yet again this claim. Anyhoo, I decided to just be thankful for it and go home and do a little bit of investigation on the net. Turned out, I got 33 dollars for my transport claim which I assumed was for July one. The first one that I got earlier this month could be from June. Usually they would give the money few days after payday so it was quite a blessing they gave me this much earlier. Whatever it is, I see it as a blessing and I can worry less about expenditure for the next week. The money mostly go to my family's food expenditure and my dad's expense as he usually go out to buy food for himself.

I once read a poster in a church school that the past is in the past and whatever mistakes that we have made, let it stay in the past...the future has yet to come so we dont worry about that yet...but instead, live for the moment in the present and make it the best day that it can ever be.

Actually, the sentences in the poster are pretty short but thats to my knowledge of what I understand of the meaning behind the words. it helps to somehow calm me down a bit in moments when I get a bit flustered as to how am I gonna cope the next day. I mean I do my usual financial planning for tomorrow or the rest of the week but other than that, I just try to live for the moment.

October will be a bigger challenge for me as it is the hari raya month and I have to stretch my budget over an extra one more week as I will be getting my pay one week earlier. I dont know how am I gonna cope with that except to be extra strict with my budget. I am thankful that every now and then, my mum helps to chip in a bit with the money that I give her but I cant rely too much on her too. I have to be resourceful and tomorrow I will try my best to submit my transport claims for two months which is August and September so that in times of need, it can come in handy. Maybe I try to sell my shoes off too..one or two of them that I have never worn before. I wont be making that much lah but at least if I need transport money, it will come in handy too.

So yeah, that's the going ons of my life right now. Of course I wish I can get out of this rut but hey, sometimes life isn't easy and I have to learn to cope with it. I know Im not alone and everyone is also trying to live each day and basically surviving through it.

Comments

Popular Posts