Skip to main content

Small Blessing

Sometimes I find that God works in mysterious ways to help us and Im really thankful for every bit of miracle He offers to us. Like last Friday, i was pretty upset that I was not able to set aside at least 30 dollars for the weekend coz usually during this time, I have to spend quite a bit on my family. I mean it's not that much too but at least something..better than nothing. So I was just practically thinking how to survive this weekend with the expenditures that are sure to come my way. Then, on Saturday, as I was gonna withdraw the money that I had set aside for the next week instead, I found some extra money and I was practically gasping like..'huh?'..It turned that I got an extra 50 dollars. I thought that I might have made a mistake or something..or or..the bank made a mistake. I know that part of it comes from this buyer who bought a pair of Mondo shoes from me...( a bit of self sacrifice on my part)..but it could not have accumulated until 50 what. The money that I received selling my shoes off was slightly more than enough to top up my ez link which is also one of my concerns coz I need transport money for work.

In other words, I had an additional 30 0ver dollars which I could not put my finger on. Transport claims had already been deposited so cant be my company deposited yet again this claim. Anyhoo, I decided to just be thankful for it and go home and do a little bit of investigation on the net. Turned out, I got 33 dollars for my transport claim which I assumed was for July one. The first one that I got earlier this month could be from June. Usually they would give the money few days after payday so it was quite a blessing they gave me this much earlier. Whatever it is, I see it as a blessing and I can worry less about expenditure for the next week. The money mostly go to my family's food expenditure and my dad's expense as he usually go out to buy food for himself.

I once read a poster in a church school that the past is in the past and whatever mistakes that we have made, let it stay in the past...the future has yet to come so we dont worry about that yet...but instead, live for the moment in the present and make it the best day that it can ever be.

Actually, the sentences in the poster are pretty short but thats to my knowledge of what I understand of the meaning behind the words. it helps to somehow calm me down a bit in moments when I get a bit flustered as to how am I gonna cope the next day. I mean I do my usual financial planning for tomorrow or the rest of the week but other than that, I just try to live for the moment.

October will be a bigger challenge for me as it is the hari raya month and I have to stretch my budget over an extra one more week as I will be getting my pay one week earlier. I dont know how am I gonna cope with that except to be extra strict with my budget. I am thankful that every now and then, my mum helps to chip in a bit with the money that I give her but I cant rely too much on her too. I have to be resourceful and tomorrow I will try my best to submit my transport claims for two months which is August and September so that in times of need, it can come in handy. Maybe I try to sell my shoes off too..one or two of them that I have never worn before. I wont be making that much lah but at least if I need transport money, it will come in handy too.

So yeah, that's the going ons of my life right now. Of course I wish I can get out of this rut but hey, sometimes life isn't easy and I have to learn to cope with it. I know Im not alone and everyone is also trying to live each day and basically surviving through it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...