Fasting Time

hello..



hrm, i didnt talk about the fasting month and so I should say it now..well....it has been an okay ride..nothing of the sort that make me drool at the sight of food. i guess my critical nature for food (a.k.a. picky) kinda makes me not so 'high' over the delicious array of food on display. I have this personal goal which is to try to lose some weight before my birthday or at least on my birthday, I must weigh less than the previous birthday. HOWEVER, it has been a very bumpy ride...no pun intended...I gained weight, I lost weight, I gained weight..you get the drift.



But it's okay. Rahayu wont be so beaten up knowing that usually, by the end of the year, or coming to the beginning of the new year, things will pick up slowly....very....slowlyyyyyyyy...Anyway, I try to tell myself that weight is just a number but what is important is that I maintain a healthy lifestyle. I've always seen the fasting month as a good opportunity to start from ground zero if all these time, we are very submissive to the temptations of the world..and in this case, glorious food. Anyway, that still doesnt explain why I put on a tremendous amount of weight during the fasting month and the month after last year. The only conclusion I can make out of it is that well, I was stuck at the refraction clinic which meant sitting down from 8am to 4.30pm. Then, I kinda..er..went a weetle bit over board with the food during berbuka or breaking fast. AND! I didnt exercise for that whole one month.



I dont know how Im going to fair but good thing is that I've already tried to lose some weight prior to the fasting month so my body is in a so called good position to burn fats while I fast. It's called pre body conditioning..I suppose. But time can only tell if not going for exercise for a whole month is going to have any after effects. Okaylah, I think I just try to squeeze in some light exercises at the gym and cut down the durtation and number of days. I shall stand firm with my belief that doesnt mean we're fasting, the world stops revolving. Life goes on...but only at a slower pace.



Happy fasting! And remember, take it easy during the break fasting time. I know you're hungry and all but thats no excuse! Moderation is always key..

Comments

Popular Posts