Skip to main content

Fasting Time

hello..



hrm, i didnt talk about the fasting month and so I should say it now..well....it has been an okay ride..nothing of the sort that make me drool at the sight of food. i guess my critical nature for food (a.k.a. picky) kinda makes me not so 'high' over the delicious array of food on display. I have this personal goal which is to try to lose some weight before my birthday or at least on my birthday, I must weigh less than the previous birthday. HOWEVER, it has been a very bumpy ride...no pun intended...I gained weight, I lost weight, I gained weight..you get the drift.



But it's okay. Rahayu wont be so beaten up knowing that usually, by the end of the year, or coming to the beginning of the new year, things will pick up slowly....very....slowlyyyyyyyy...Anyway, I try to tell myself that weight is just a number but what is important is that I maintain a healthy lifestyle. I've always seen the fasting month as a good opportunity to start from ground zero if all these time, we are very submissive to the temptations of the world..and in this case, glorious food. Anyway, that still doesnt explain why I put on a tremendous amount of weight during the fasting month and the month after last year. The only conclusion I can make out of it is that well, I was stuck at the refraction clinic which meant sitting down from 8am to 4.30pm. Then, I kinda..er..went a weetle bit over board with the food during berbuka or breaking fast. AND! I didnt exercise for that whole one month.



I dont know how Im going to fair but good thing is that I've already tried to lose some weight prior to the fasting month so my body is in a so called good position to burn fats while I fast. It's called pre body conditioning..I suppose. But time can only tell if not going for exercise for a whole month is going to have any after effects. Okaylah, I think I just try to squeeze in some light exercises at the gym and cut down the durtation and number of days. I shall stand firm with my belief that doesnt mean we're fasting, the world stops revolving. Life goes on...but only at a slower pace.



Happy fasting! And remember, take it easy during the break fasting time. I know you're hungry and all but thats no excuse! Moderation is always key..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...