First Day w Dreaded Partner

Soooooooo......................


today I worked with the so called dreaded partner and...I actually knew about her 'meeting' with the supervisor and the leader about her behaviour or what they term it as attitude problem. Well, somehow she didnt display that attitude just now..and yet...she kinda bared her soul regarding the issue which I didnt bring up but she said it herself. At one point, she understood that we have more working experience than her in this field so we should know better but on the other hand, she felt that they're not perfect themselves. I dont know man, I know I was saying about how I dreaded working with her but I've always had this mentality that right now, Im only hearing half the story and after hearing her side of story, I guess I can only conclude that well...I guess they're a bit too hard on her.


BUT! That doesnt mean Im turning into a softie and taking her side. I still feel that well....we all tend to err and being a teenager, she can take things too seriously or too easy and she can misunderstand people's intentions or people find her hard to understand. In the morning, I could tell that she was trying to put on her best behaviour like she was so scared to offend me in case I would be one of those complaining officers. But later on during lunch, I just told her to just take things easy and not take whatever they have said to heart coz they meant no harm but just wanted to feedback. Then with my team, she can relax a bit and not be so stressful because Im not really so nit picky as long as she does her work well. Im not saying this to comfort her or give her the green light to do whatever shit she wants to do but it's just the way I work. I just cant be bothered with every single detail just as long as I churn out work that does not require me to go see the 'headmaster'..haha...


So she kinda opened up a bit and we had chit chat sessions about work, her boyfriend, my boyfriend..or the lack of it, and I told her that it's just work life...people tend to backstab one another, say nasty things, compromise our trust and so forth. I went through quite a lot too but I dont take them so seriously but just do our best and not get into trouble.


Yup, thats my experience with her but it's just the first day. I will stick to my gameplan of handling team related things rather than just making sure she doesnt get up to any 'mischief' or what. Seriously, I got better things to do....

Comments

Popular Posts