Skip to main content

First Day w Dreaded Partner

Soooooooo......................


today I worked with the so called dreaded partner and...I actually knew about her 'meeting' with the supervisor and the leader about her behaviour or what they term it as attitude problem. Well, somehow she didnt display that attitude just now..and yet...she kinda bared her soul regarding the issue which I didnt bring up but she said it herself. At one point, she understood that we have more working experience than her in this field so we should know better but on the other hand, she felt that they're not perfect themselves. I dont know man, I know I was saying about how I dreaded working with her but I've always had this mentality that right now, Im only hearing half the story and after hearing her side of story, I guess I can only conclude that well...I guess they're a bit too hard on her.


BUT! That doesnt mean Im turning into a softie and taking her side. I still feel that well....we all tend to err and being a teenager, she can take things too seriously or too easy and she can misunderstand people's intentions or people find her hard to understand. In the morning, I could tell that she was trying to put on her best behaviour like she was so scared to offend me in case I would be one of those complaining officers. But later on during lunch, I just told her to just take things easy and not take whatever they have said to heart coz they meant no harm but just wanted to feedback. Then with my team, she can relax a bit and not be so stressful because Im not really so nit picky as long as she does her work well. Im not saying this to comfort her or give her the green light to do whatever shit she wants to do but it's just the way I work. I just cant be bothered with every single detail just as long as I churn out work that does not require me to go see the 'headmaster'..haha...


So she kinda opened up a bit and we had chit chat sessions about work, her boyfriend, my boyfriend..or the lack of it, and I told her that it's just work life...people tend to backstab one another, say nasty things, compromise our trust and so forth. I went through quite a lot too but I dont take them so seriously but just do our best and not get into trouble.


Yup, thats my experience with her but it's just the first day. I will stick to my gameplan of handling team related things rather than just making sure she doesnt get up to any 'mischief' or what. Seriously, I got better things to do....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...