Positive Light through Money Woes

I have to wake up super SUPER early tomorrow because I would be heading to the hospital as my brother would be going for ops. It's a minor surgery but as in ALL surgeries, there are risks of complications so wishing him all the best, though before he goes, I made sure he studies and do his homework, heh. I'm a good sister what.


Anyhoo, I attempted to make my second pair of handmade earrings and though the pair may look super simple and oh-so-easy to make, anyway that is what the youtuber made it out to be :S, it was tremendously hard and I squinted like I never squinted before. It deviated a bit from what I intented them to be. I am not so mighty proud of it but just like any designers when they first start out, the first few pieces may not be the best so it's okay, I shall learn as I go along with it. While making them too, I kinda persevered and almost wanted to give up as I struggled a lot with the looping part. But at the end of it, mission accomplished. Time to come up with new design ideas.


Speaking of which, design ideas can come from anywhere, not just websites and magazines. Infact, everywhere you go, see or touch. It's a matter of how creative you are. That's what I learnt from browsing a particular blog who specialized in wedding cards in which a small piece of nonya kuih or cake can serve as an inspiration for colour coordinates. Interesting, eh.


Honestly, I don't do advertorials and get paid though it's always nice to have extra moolah considering how freaking broke and desperate as I am, heh.. But I guess this website is worth mentioning.


Card Blanche


It's a Singapore website specializing in mostly wedding stationeries and baby gift boxes. I was surfing their website during my free time just now at work, though sidetracking a bit, it felt gooooood after not being able to surf this much since the time I took over a heavy job responsibility. Actually I got stuffs to do but feeling lazy, ha. Back to this, I inspire to do this but I will take another approach. I will make it simple, pretty and affordable. Not to say these cards aren't pretty, they absolutely are! I looked at other websites but I like their creative touches to the stationeries a whole lot better. 

Of course since I will be doing this alone, I will do in very small batches. Hopefully I will get my old laptop back which is reportedly repaired already at a very low cost of $35 which is 'ex' to me lah considering, need I reiterate this again, broke and desperate. Honestly, I thought it would be done for free because the I.T. guy volunteered to help me repair but because it needed a brand new power outlet, it had to be outsourced though he had friends to get it done. I haven't pay the munneh yet but I'm still wishing I don't have to. What a cheapskate.


Haiz, payday was mere days ago but because I didn't have any extra money as savings anymore, I am struggling big time now. My only savings grace is that at the end of the month, my family will get the maintenance money so at least something to tide it over with. Honestly, I can say this a 101 times but whenever I get money, my head gets lost a bit as if I strike a lotterye. Technically, I don't go on a shopping rampage. It's just that things are like so ex, even groceries, now due to inflation and what have they, money seems to go down the drain very very fast. The fact that I am not a very good swimmer makes it worse.


Another conflict that I seem to have is that if I deprive myself of getting something in order to save money, then when I have the opportunity to do so, I will grab it hard and often end up with regrettable buys. So changing strategy, I have decided to only buy when necessary like when it's seriously cheap, nice and I would definitely wear. I don't want to go out and just merely buy something because I've got the money and I'm itching to spend it, even if I can't...seem to fit into it. Yes, it happens.


During inflation times like this, I cannot afford to make bad financial decisions. No more. Learnt my lesson very the hard. If you follow my twitter, I actually put up my plans when I get my mid yr bonus next month. But I can say it again. I will use the money to give to my mother, my brother, top up my completely depleted other savings account, pay off most of my outstanding bills and the balance will go towards other expenses like food and household. I am not planning to buy stuffs and I am not going to justify to myself any longer that I work hard, I deserve to be pampered  blah blah blah..because very often, I get the wrong stuffs and money flies off just like that. I will definitely just get things that I would wear and to me, they don't have to be at the time I get my salary and voom...I go to the nearest shopping mall. As and when I come across things that I like.


For now, I will just try to not to blow what little money I have left and to spend wisely. Haiz, that's like almost my entire life story, haha. I conclude that you can never have too much or too little money because you will still be miserable. Well, at least that is how I feel, haha. Yes, money is not everything so as broke as I am, I will try to focus my energy some place including concentrating on  my accessories line =)





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts