Skip to main content

Finding Creative Influences Everywhere

Hey peeps,


you know I love reading blogs. I don't get many readers as others do but that's not what I want anyway. So erm..what can I write today.


Oh first up, if you have creative juices running through you, I suggest you make use of them. Not everyone is blessed with a creative streak but let me tell ya something, you can be influenced by the things and people around you that it doesn't take a genius to write something inspirational, design something fabulous and take great photos. All you need is an open your mind and use your eyes for things that can influence you in your creativity. So who says creativity can't be nurtured.


As a start, you can look at other peoples creative outlets like their designs and have a keen sense of interest in them so that you can slowly learn and adapt it to your own style. Most of them start off copying other people's designs but over time, they find a niche and they know what they like and what they don't like and incorporating those elements into their designs.


So everyone else make a banana muffin. You make a banana muffin with blueberry toppings. Well, something in that line. You just put the final touches to it and make your own signature style.


I was out and about and I'm always thinking how else can I make use of a blackberry as a smartphone instead of the usual updating tweets and facebook status. Oh, and checking emails. I decided to turn it into an amazing gadget for creative influences.


I just started today so there isn't much but I think it will give you an idea of what you can use with a blackberry or your iphone and infact, any phone so long as there is a camera function.


Look at these:


texture from a floor in the public toilet..heh.

Lights..and with some potted plant in between..

Floral patterns

More flora patterns

Polka dots

I made a mini design artwork as an example..not my best, but I guess it would do.


click for a larger view


Oh, if you are into youtube, like yours truly here, heh.., actually it is a great source of free video tutorials for photoshops and I learnt how to create a vintage effect and orbs effect while doing the above to add some zing to it. 


Go ahead and experiment. You will be surprised at how a simple plain textures, patterns and designs can influence your arty farty side.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...