Halfway Through the Year and To be Inspired

I'm trying to add a widget to my blog but currently failing because the template designer is having probs. Oh well. Anyway, we are already midway through the year and I'm sure there are those of you out there who actually have started out a list of things to achieve this year and then like me, are still struggling to achieve them (hello, weight gain), well..let's start all over again.


I have decided to just restart my weight loss scheme again and this time, extended the 'deadline' by year end instead of my birthday since I screwed up..hrmph. Of course, I haven't been able to save well and I have lost my grip on this though I am really determined to make a fresh start. Now my philosophy in life is that I don't need so many bags..or so many shoes...or clothes....and er..makeup, and I guess I will do fine. I don't need so much material goods and I'm certainly not one who rave over designer bags, nevermind if they have good quality that can last years and years. I mean how can they not..they're so ex, some people hardly even use them. That shouldn't be it. They are not wardrobe accessories.


I believe moderation is key. I also believe in the simple pleasure of things rather than the aesthetics. My goal is to lead a simple yet enriching life. Of course I won't like suddenly lead a life in a cave but I don't want to go overboard with things and must do things that will make me a better person, rather than a well dressed person who is nothing but an empty vessel.


So much for philosophy talk. I don't know if I talked about this but I'm actually at the lowest point of my life right now though I feel that midway through the year, it's not too late to make amends. I have been slacking so much that I'm ashamed of it. It has been my source of difficulties actually.


I don't think it's too late to change. With that I would say, I'm off to do make some new accessories. My friend wanted to give me her sister's things to make accessories. I haven't seen them but it's an added bonus to me as a source of inspiration. My friend also gave me her set like years ago and I couldn't come up with something new to make. Even the things that I bought recently this year too, nothing..I mean NOTHING...can be produced from them. What is going on. God knows how much I try to be inspired yet nothing seems to come out of this small brain of mine.


I think tomorrow I'm going to sneak off the camera from office to snap some photos, provided I am able to produce some work later tonight..yikes.


So for those people who want to be inspired to do better in life, I suggest you take a pen and a notepad and start writing what you plan to achieve. If you are like me who have never taken a flight before on an airplane, you can actually do a goal setting and start saving up for it. You don't need to spend thousands of dollars. For a start, you can go on a budget airline and online, you can look up for cheap price tickets. It's a starting point for a good enriching experience.


Let's all do this. Let us all be inspired, whether by someone dear to you or by someone you don't know in real life but is such a good model especially those people who have done well in life simply by their strong motivation to do well and yet lead such a humble life. It takes three weeks to break out of an old habit or to start on a new good habit.


So what is your new motivation in life?

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts