Make Up Geek

Well, with a little bit of money that came my way including a gift money and my savings, I actually had a bit of courage to buy some things for my own which also  includes the long overdue haircut and also a top. But lest you think that I am letting my guard down, it's not true although Im trying my best NOT to get that black patented shoulder bag..heh.  


Part of the beauty of being a young woman is the ability to dress up and I admit I am not very good in this area. But I believe a little enhancement to my looks will go quite a long way even if I think that I am just average looking compared to many of the young women around me. Since I don't have a natural flair for putting on make up and dressing up well, I just learn from other people, magazines and ah..also youtube..hehe. I guess slowly I will pick up. 


Oh, I bought a blusher and a eyeshadow and after contemplating for so long, I figured out what are the best shades that I want to get based on my research. Sometimes it's not just a matter of whether the colours are pretty but whether it suits you or if the colours are basically about the same as what I already have, it will quite a waste of money, right? Since I am constantly on a tight budget, its best to just buy the right things.


I got these over the weekend


Neutral colours with a hint of glimmer

I didn't put aside any money for make up so I will make do with cheap brands coz I don't use them every day anyway so it won't have that much effect on my skin. I don't work at a place where image is everything. If I wear a dress or something different, they will sure comment like last Thursday when I wore a new blue top, the I.T. guy remarked 'wah? why so pretty today?' :S Even if I wore something I have not worn before, they know it's a new one. What the heck.


Oh moving on, I've been following this you tube channel and she gives good tips on make up for dummies like me. And I think I have been picking up her tips quite well so now occasionally I will wear eye shadow apart from the must have blusher. Though I don't think Im that good yet, well I think Im on my way to..er..enhancing my looks..heh.


Me with the new make up products!
I know you can't really see the make up but you see, I don't have a good quality digital camera like most bloggers..pfft. But if you don't think I look like a zombie, which I am like more than 90% of the time, then you know something is up such as judging from the picture above.


Coupled with my hair do, and a hint of great make up, I think I am ready to conquer the world! haha..but then again, I've got fierce competition from the rest of the girls who take great lengths to doll themselves up. Sigh, long way to go...LOOOOONG way to go.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts