Skip to main content

Put a Ring on It

It's nice to see people posting up pictures of their Hari Raya gatherings on facebook. Everyone seems so happy. I wish I have mine to post up too but that's not the case. I actually spent my later part of Hari Raya doing laundy, watching a malay comedy movie and arguing with my brother over the use of the laptop. Oh, and watching Kyong Soo in Life is Beautiful...haha.


I don't know why but maybe it's the influence of the korean drama where I really enjoyed watching the antics of one of the couples coz they were just so sweet and charming together. Of course there were some tense moments but they didn't want to give in so easily and try their best to work things out together despite the anger and frustrations because above all, they love each other. Sometimes I wish I was in a situation like that. No not the kind that people resisted strongly against but one that is so full of love that we don't need to have our hands all over each other kind. I want the guy to be attentive towards my needs without being clingy but simply being caring, sweet and charming. I hope that is not too much to ask, eh? See, Im not so difficult. I don't need the guy to buy me gifts or spend a fortune on me. I just want him to give me his undivided attention like make me feel special without resorting to gift buying. It may seem like a simple el cheapo plan but at least I don't feel so lonely knowing that someone cares a lot for me.


Recently, I've been contemplating on buying a cheap ring just so that I can wear it on my ring finger. Just for the fun of it. Plus such rings always make for an interesting conversation until i drop the bomb that narh, it's just a cheap no frill ring..haha. Hey, don't laugh at the idea. I just might drop by an accessories shop and dig around for a ring that will fit my fat chubby ring finger. I just want to know how it feels like wearing a ring on it. I know it's bordering on being desperate but hey, it's just a little something that I want to feel.


I have also been feeling a bit down because much earlier, I said that I got a feeling I will get a boyfriend, or at least someone who has an interest in me and I share the same interest as well in him. Well, there are three more months to go before end of the year and I think it's just a silly thought that will not come true. I mean, why is it so difficult for me to get to know other single guys or at least a guy to get to know me? Is it because they think Im fat and ugly? Or Im just not worth the time for them to try to get to know me? Sometimes I feel like Im just not pretty enough. I watched several malay programmes yesterday on tv and I can't match up to their attractiveness. Im just a typical average looker. Not stunning at all to at least stir up some interest.


But ever the patient kind, I can wait. I'll work on my imperfections and continue to take good care of myself. I also know there are sincere guys out there who want to get to know me but are too shy, haha. So shameless. Still, I want to get that ring. Just for the fun of it but...who knows it may bring me luck? :)





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...