At Home on Hari Raya

I spent like almost more than two hours at an ex colleague's house coz she wanted to give me food for our Hari Raya and we ended up talking loads and eating lunch together. I would say it was a great meet up but it wouldn't be the only one because we would be meeting up again, soon..haha.


Anyway, I broke my own food rule, which is not consuming food that has coconut milk in it, because it's unavoidable on this festive occasion..seriously. If you don't eat them, it will be disrespectful towards the people who cook them especially if they have specially packed them for you at no charge. But it's no big deal as long as I don't complain on how tight and bloated my stomach is feeling right now..haha..and uhm, trying not to plan to go gym for two days instead of the scheduled Sunday only.


By the way, Im not going out for visiting on the first day of Hari Raya which is also the first time for me. Why? Well, the elder aunt of my father recently passed away in February and normally we would go to her house to pay a visit. So basically, I don't have any elder house to visit. But it's okay. Hari Raya is also about spending time with your family whether at your own home or in an extended family's home. It's about togetherness and forgiveness.


I still look forward towards open house invitations which I think I will definitely get..haha. So shameless. Can't wait to see my ex colleagues and simply catch up. It will be such a nice thing to do :) 


Before I forget, have a Happy Hari Raya to you if you are celebrating it. If not, have a happy long weekend with friends and family :)




follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts