Thanks for the Kind Gestures

 Erm, I think I made it pretty obvious on facebook that I didn't go out for hari raya visiting and got a little bit emotional when i see others enjoying themselves during their gatherings. So strange. In the past, I used to cringe going out to pay visits to my relatives but now because I had been doing that for so long, it felt so strange and different to stay at home and not even wearing the baju kurung on the first day of raya. But it's okay. Im just being emotional. It's not as if when given the chance to visit, I will jump up and down with enthusiasm. I will probably still cringe..haha.

Yah I was saying it was so obvious that my friend commented on my facebook that I will get my chance to take hari raya pics if she is having her open house this year and I sorta begged to get an invitation..haha. Then my aunt later messaged me on the phone to come to her house for Hari Raya. I suppose she read the facebook messages as well. The only problem is that she doesn't have chairs..haha. They're going to move to Johor Bahru soon so currently their house in Singapore is sparsely furnished because they have sold many of the furniture pieces already.


But really, Im okay. I would rather stay at home (and watch my korean drama..hehe) than go out to visit especially since Im not really the type who 'loves' interacting with other people. Sometimes got no choice lah but to just..er..interact lest people think Im the most stuck up person in the world. I've got relatives actually but most of those that I often visit in the first few days of raya have passed away with the recent one being in Feb this year. Plus my mum is still recovering from her surgery last month so I don't think it's a good time to go visit though she did go to Arab Street and Geylang just last week taking bus and train rides in her condition. 


So no worries. Like I said, I do get raya invitations every year so it's really no big deal. I will eventually get to don the raya outfit chosen by my mother as usual since I always couldn't be bothered with it. Plus I do enjoy seeing the happy faces of those who went out in full force with their family members.

Still I think it's a nice gesture for them to invite me over. Anyway, speaking of nice gestures, I did get a rather big fat 'hongbao' or collection money for Hari Raya this year :) I was so overwhelmed by it because it came from a non Malay. It was given by a Chinese teacher who just received her teacher of the year award by the school. I actually congratulated her and while she was being modest about it, I said that well, she deserves it. I thought it was really nice and kind of her.


I don't know if I mentioned this before but I also received food from my ex colleague and part of it includes one whole big square of brownies. I bought it from her before at about $20 but this time she gave it to me for free and it was, yet again, so nice and kind of her. Really, I don't know what I do to deserve all this kindness and generosity but not to say Im showing off, sometimes they say it's because Im just very nice towards them so they're just being kind back. I don't know how nice I am but hey, if it goes all the way to being appreciated to this extent, then maybe I am that nice..haha.


Feel like taking a piece of brownie from the fridge now but I've got to go to gym in a matter of hours later. Yes it's back to torturing exercising again after slightly more than a month of rest due to the fasting month. My mum said Im crazy to go during hari raya period but what to do, coz like I said I don't actually go out visiting and celebrating so it's really nothing. Besides, I've been eating a lot of junk food during the fasting month too coz Im not really health conscious during this period of time..haha. But I try to still take care of what I eat too like if I eat a lot during break fast, then I will either eat something light like bread or not eat at all for my pre dawn meal. I still can remember the time where I put on weight instead of losing weight during the fasting month where we abstain from eating from dawn till dusk. Strange phenomenon..I meant the putting on weight thing..haha.


Did I lose weight? Erm..I dunno. Later will be the verdict when I weigh myself after the gym session. Do I feel lighter? I don't think I felt lighter but as a consolation that even I didn't lose weight, I think I might have lost some inches here and there especially when I wear my skirts...haha. I don't want to feel pressurized over losing weight because health is more important than the number on the weighing scale. But my mind has set to it that I will try my best to lost 10 kg this year. I still have like about less than 4kgs to go. So far so good, every month I have lost at least 1 kg and I don't look so bloated like last year. Yet again, no pressure because after all, Im not aiming to be slim, anyway. Yah I know you're thinking like what's the point anyway but to me, it's just a personal thing that I've been aiming to achieve for the last few years to get to my desired weight at least. I slacked quite a lot the last two years so Im  just trying to get my bearing back this year and thankfully, Im on track so far.


Okay don't want to bore you with my health regime plan again. Im back to watching the lovable korean drama and even more lovable Kyung Soo. The show gets better and better although I can't say the same for the downloading speed :S



 follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts