Pre Hari Raya

Yup I said I wanted to write yet another depressing entry but I will hold on to it. But anyway, just a brief summary of it, it's just the stupid utilities bill again that's giving me problems. Then last Friday, my mum wanted to go Arab Street and Geylang just to get the feel of pre Hari Raya with the bustling crowd and atmosphere. Of course that means spending money :S but I have yet to see how much damage is done. The only good thing out of it is that we only spent on the taxi fare once. My mum, despite being in her still unwell state after the surgery, endured bus and train rides to get to Geylang and then back home from there. 


The Arab Street part wasn't so crowded because when we went there, it was break fast time so most of the people had actually gone to nearby restaurants for their meal so we were left prowling the street for food. But perhaps it was good timing also because they actually gave us more food and some extra side dish as they were going to close shop soon..heh. So we had a good meal when we went home later on and I started blabbering that they were making me fat. Yes I can be super whiny and annoying though you can't judge me from these blog posts..hehe.

Oh yah, my mum also ended up buying for me a baju kurung or the Malay traditional dress for Hari Raya even though I didn't plan on getting one this year. But then again, every year I plan that way but I always end up getting a new piece just because my mum insisted on me. I don't want to get, fine, she will get for me..hah. It's a light blue one and yet again, she had to get one that looks a bit big on me but I can't complain because Im not small either :S For all you know, it follows my body shape but it's just me in denial. Perhaps on that day itself or when I get to wear it to go to someone's open house, i will wear it and take a pic. You will be surprised how demure I will look..haha.


I've got Hari Raya cookies all ready but ah, I don't know whether they can last UNTIL the day itself. My brother can be one hungry bear at break fast. In terms of food, a kind soul had offered to give me some delicious traditional dishes, what you call, must have food, on the day itself. But my mum still wanted to cook at least one dish. I don't want to trouble her but if she insists, I can't stop her. The only thing that is stopping her is my tardiness because Im just so not inclined in stepping into the market and buying fresh groceries :S Yes Im such a princess. But if push comes to shove, which my mum is good at by the way, then I will just charge in and get out asap.


Today I promise to vacuum the house (eurgh..) and clean out the remaining clutter in my room. That should keep me occupied for the rest of the day..besides watching a korean drama, malay drama and going to Woodlands to meet my aunt and collect even more Hari Raya cookies. I think my brother will be so happy coz more to munch on..the little munchkin.





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts