Payments and More Payments

I think they have updated the status of my house ownership application to that of me and my mother and all the other government agencies have been updated including the much hated town council..heh. But it doesn't really make much of a difference to me since I have been paying the annual fees for the tv license and the property tax anyway for the last two years or so or even more ever since my father was not able to pay them. I don't want to land in any more hot soup after the last incident with the town council where they send us the court summons. While I have cleared the debt without going to court, I don't want to take any chances. Anyway, nowadays I don't feel so hung up over how much balance of money I have but just to make sure that I continue to save so there is enough money to go by with each passing day. I think I am much happier that way. We may be poor but we shouldn't struggle so much trying to put food on the table and keeping up with the utilities bill so that we have water and electricity running.
 
The latter is not easy to maintain but what to do. They keep charging quite  a lot for our utilities bill and I just hope that they don't come one fine day to cut it off because we are not are able to pay in full. *sigh* Sometimes I can't deny that I hate the life I am in now but I believe that I should be thankful and appreciate some of the things that I have like a roof over the head. I read news about many Malay families stuck with a huge debt for the house payments and risk losing their house or have even lost it when the bank takes away their house as the mortgage payment.
 
But Im only human. I can't expect to think that my life is all fine and dandy. If I think of my life in that way, then I will never strive to get better and just be complacent and then it will be a spiralling downfall not just for myself but for my family too.
 


 

Comments

Popular Posts