When I Grow Up


I shall begin with Yann..

Okay, Yann has nothing to do with the blog post. Im just currently obsessed with him so don't mind me.






Anyway, Im listening to the radio and they were laughing while reminiscing the past when they were 21. Then it got me thinking like how I was when I was 21. Well, I can tell ya, it was pretty great  because I finished school and was slowly embarking on a new job which was like my first official proper job. And then school ended :D yes I know I said that just now. No more P.E. lessons and though I would actually need it coz I kept putting on weight the next two three years..haha.




What I remembered back then was when the people at my new work place asked me how old I was and I said 21. They were shocked not because they thought I was that young but because I looked older than 21 :S what the hell..


My friend recently blogged and also told me how someone complimented her by saying that she looked 19. Like wow. That was shaving off 10 years off her age! Isn't that awesome?


Me at 21 about to blow the lone candles off..

Now now don't make fun of my outfit..hokayyy...the skirt was bought by my dear friends who saw me rather upset coz I could not fit into any clothes unlike them when we went out shopping. But then this skirt...this skirt fit me though it was the biggest of the lot. Don't laugh again. I tell ya, the skirt was definitely not cheap because it was from a major department store but they got it for me. That's frakkin' sweet I tell ya! The blouse also happened to fit me so I bought it because if you are my size, it's horrible shopping for clothes that I would settle for ANYTHING as long as it fits. Such a downer too coz apparently most of the clothes that can fit me are for aunties. I think even older aunties dressed up better than me.


Im 21!!!



 I had short hair and though I have short hair now too, I actually experimented with keeping my hair long coz I wanted to look more feminine.






Feminine look?! no?

Honestly, I wanted to put my past so much behind that I dressed up differently and grew my hair. Though I think I did look fairly good, but it was about only 20% of the time..haha. Now Im more chill and don't fuss so much because I think that if people like you, they will like you for who you are and you don't have to be such a vainpot to make people like you. It's good to take care of yourself such as your health and making a good overall impression that hey, you do indeed love yourself first before anyone else without hiding behind a thick veil of makeup.

So I think it's basically about me getting older  or because I have dealt with heavy issues in my life and in my twenties in particular that somehow, I learn what are the things that are more important in life and that life is a roller coaster.


Yes I do have my moments where I think that I will NEVER EVER EVER be slim and NEVER EVER EVER be pretty but it's just my 'perks' and I have accepted it.


not pretty enuf? who cares!



So girls, don't let others get you down. If you just turned 21, trust me, you will deal with adult problems whether you like it or not. Just hope and pray that things will get better and they will. You will also learn to know who are your true friends and that your 2000 over facebook friends that you have are just not them.


Next year, I will turn 30 and a whole new chapter will begin and if I ever look back at a time when I was in my twenties, I think I will laugh and cry like crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts