Payment Woes Again

Some idiot has hijacked my email and even though, I kinda knew it at first, I didn't know that idiot would go as far as to change my password and possibly the secret answers to the questions that they would ask to verify the account. This is so dumb! And even more dumb than this is that the hotmail staff is not able to verify, based on my info given, that this is truly my account. I had to send them my second email and I had to put my last words in by saying that I have used the email address for the last 10 years since 1999 and I will not allow it to be taken over by some idiot! No I didn't add that idiot part but I will if they still say that account is not mine! 


Sigh, anyway, back to my monotonous life. You know how Im still neck deep with my outstanding bill to town council? And then HDB is pressurizing me to give me an earliest date to make an appointment with them upon settling the damn bill. They called a few times and even though I gave them the timeline, they still call me to check upon the status. Im this short of yelling at them saying that I will still live in this house after the transfer of ownership and I will pay the damn town council. It's not as if I am going to transfer this house to a third party or what. It's just so ridiculous how they are not flexible. But I don't want to say much because if they decide they do not want to carry on with the transfer, I will be in bigger trouble so I just have to agree to pay up quickly and get this over and done with.


And it doesn't help that my savings are dwindling. Okay not exactly...coz every now and then I try to save up as much as I can on a daily basis to make up for what I have spent and so far, it is working in the sense that I manage to break even although last month, my mum has gone a bit loco with her choice of food despite complaining almost every day that her stomach cannot digest well. I don't understand why cant she just go to the doctor instead of trying to self remedy herself. It will really help her and at the same time, help to ease the pockets as well with her self remedies such as trying out a variety of chinese herbs. And then now, her current self remedy is to make for herself vegetable soup to help alleviate the pain in her stomach. 


I have wasted like what...two annual leaves...and then she STILL didn't want to go doctor for fear that if she goes out, her stomach will give her problems. Then how long can she keep on complaining? On one hand, she doesn't mind going to the doctor and then letting the doc write a referral to the hospital so that she can die there and not suffer anymore. On the other hand, she's scared like shit like what if there is more to her illness. Why does she always have to play these stupid mind games.


Sigh, because of the current heap of problem Im in regarding the payment to town council (damn it, and it doesn't help they have increased the fees!) and then further anticipating to pay 200 over dollars for the official transfer of ownership (aren't they paid enough to torture us hdb dwellers already?!), I've decided to stop looking forward to my mid year bonus next month. I don't know if I have enough of it left once I have paid these goons.


But I still do not want to give up on building a comfortable emergency fund. I know I can do this...I know I can. There are people out there who earn a small income or are also struggling through on a daily basis but is still able to put their children into polytechnics and some to universities even. I just need to learn now to cut my expenses as and where I can. I know some families can make do with a basic soap brand, for example, that is inexpensive but in my household, my mum is very particular, and she just cannot make do with a generic brand. So almost like once in two weeks, and sometimes in a week even, I have to buy a bottle of dettol and the price is about 8 over dollars. And then she uses it like water meaning that she doesn't give a damn about how she pumps which explains why that thing can finish quite fast. 


Luckily, at times they offer a discounted price for the soap and I able to cut down to slightly less than 2 dollars. And then recently, I was trawling neighbourhood shops and I found even cheaper than where I usually buy them which is at Watson's. This is great news. I actually don't shun such shops but I often return home late and Im just too tired and hungry to actually walk to these shops which are situated quite far from the mall and bus stop. But years ago when I was struggling even more than I am right now, I had to learn to pick myself up and go to a less upscale supermarket than Cold Storage which is the NTUC Fair Price that is situated even FURTHER away from the main bus stop. 


So in the process, I learn that I have to be willing to put my tiredness aside and then just trudge ahead so that I am able to save some money in terms of groceries. My family is not the type who can buy groceries in bulk for about a month. In mere days, it will be gone. She lives in a world where everything is at her beck and call coz she has enough of living a hard life when she was younger and she is not about to go back to her past. Unfortunately, she has a stubborn daughter and while I am able to give in to her ridiculous demands at times, some things are run my way. Like I've said many times before, though I can't stop her from making these ridiculous demands, I somehow do try my best to try to alleviate the pain of spending on her demands. It does pain me sometimes especially when my plans to get some other stuffs get derailed, or I have to reassess my budget, usually in the shower..heh, I'll do whatever I can to make life easier for me and my family.


But for now, mum's woes aside, now Im scratching my head on planning out the payment to Town Council. I know I can do this but currently Im stumped. I can pay them right now the full amount, no kidding, but then my family also has to eat and what if there is a more pressing emergency in the future and then I got nowhere else to dig for money? I can resort to borrowing but I just don't want to go that stage. In the end, it will also be a problem to me because I also have to return the money. Sigh, I just have to wait and see..and erm..save frantically for now.

Comments

Popular Posts