My Beauty Essentials

For Hair, Face and Body

For out to town

Work Make Up. Very Basic.

Moisturizers Galore

Im not much of a beauty person though I think that as a young woman, I must take good care of my physical appearance which includes taking good care of my skin. Currently, Im on the lookout for a good body scrub that is affordable which preferably has to be less than 10 bucks..hee. Yes I know I should go for a better price than that coz it will be better obviously but I want it to be something that can be easily bought back once I have finished using it. Ok, Im trying not to be wasteful so what I have right now, I will fully utilize them first. I have another 3 types of body wash to make use of before I can even buy another one. I got them as gifts though my friend sniggered over such choice of gifts by my colleagues coz it can only meant to be a big HINT as to how I smell..haha. No offence taken though. They're not exactly cheap either.




I was at a website dedicated to teaching idiots people like me who are absolutely clueless when it comes to applying makeup though I must say at the very least, I know how to put on a simple make up. I think she is doing a fantastic job and what strikes me most about her is how confident she is and it's all thanks to make up because for one, she acknowledges that she is not like the skinny models in the beauty magazines. She also admits that she is fat, though she recently has lost weight through a diligent diet and is looking hot, and her size makes her feel like she has low self esteem. However, she discovers make up has a way of making her look pretty and gives her an instant confident boost.




I admit that I haven't been giving myself kind words like calling myself fat and ugly. In fact, I am not doing justice to myself at all because the past four years, I have been working hard to make sure that I don't go back to my former fatter self. I have also learned to take better care of my skin though yes, in both situations, like any regular people, I do lapse as well because it's such a major chore for a simple girl like me.




But I take it as though it's a normal routine like brushing my teeth and bathing. I can't skip that, right? Even animals in the zoo bathe.




If you are someone on a tight budget but wants to look good as well, I do suggest some home remedies such as making your own body scrub from some things you find in the kitchen like sea salt, lemon and etc. Do look up you tube videos or google so you have a better idea and can save more money this way as well.




If not, you can just look out for discounts at Guardian Pharmacy or Watson's where at certain periods of time, they do offer discount such as the current 20% discount for selected products. Body Shop is also having discounted sale as well for some of their products for up to 15% discount if you are on the look out for better products.


Picture 1:


If you have dry patchy skin like me, do buy cocoa butter or a moisturizing lotion with vitamin E and oils. Honestly, I HATE the smell of cocoa butter coz it's so nauseating but it does wonders for the patchy skin on my feet coz they are the part of my body that have gone through a lot of stress from eczema. This is from a friend of mine. In fact, the face moisturizer tub is from her also. Night time I use another moisturizer from Garnier. One week old only.


Picture 2:


Za concealer is a MUST for me as I have numerous blemishes under my chin which I totally hate. There can be a time when one zit will come out one after another leaving ugly freakin scars that will take FOREVER to recover.  Oh, and eyebrow pencil. Im naked without it and that's not a good thing to see me naked.


Picture 3:


Okay, I can do without eye shadow, though a shimmery one is a God sent for non make up gurus like myself. I like blushers. One in pink shade and the one pictured has an earth tone colour to it.


Picture 4:


From experience, I highly recommend using a facial scrub that has gentle exfoliating grains such as that from St Ives or Himelayas. You don't have to use it every day because it can make your skin rather dry looking but if you have to, use one that is suitable for every day use on top of your moisturizing facial wash. Im using the one for blemishes coz obviously I need it. It keeps the blemishes at bay but I have to use it very often to make sure they don't come back in full force. Once a week, you can use a facial mask to help keep your skin supple, fresh and younger looking :D You can buy a pack for just $1.95. Or invest in an affordable clay mask for example that you can leave on while you shower.


 So if you are a simplistic budget conscious girl like me, there are numerous products out there that can help you be on par with many other girls who have deeper pockets. You just need time to look out for them and also borrow health and beauty magazines that can recommend some of the best products in the markets for all sorts of budget.


Ultimately, it's not a competition on who will look the best because even beauty queens and celebrities are not perfect. Basically, it's about you taking good care of yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts