Distracting Bloated Weekend

Strange. Today I went to gym as per every Sunday morning (though today was a tad bit too early :S) and then at the end of the workout, I didn't feel as tired as I was and didn't sweat as much as I often do. So much so, I was this close to NOT bathing and washing my hair even like seriously contemplating on just wiping myself dry. And the fact that the water was super cold simply made me even more lazy but because Im such a considerate person who doesn't want people around me to faint when I step out of the gym, I turned on the heater and took the shower.


Anyway, I am bloated today due to water retention. It made me feel like I put on weight even though I just weighed myself last Sunday and it showed that I had lost a bit of it. Actually started since yesterday coz..uhm..it's the dreaded time of the month though based on previous experience, I have learnt to appreciate getting it because at one point of time, I quietly suffered a medical condition concerning its irregularities. So whatever discomfort I experience, I don't seem to quite mind though yes I do get short tempered a bit especially when I am queueing or standing for some time which can get very umcomfortable and painful. The discomfort will be over in a few days and by next Sunday, I suppose I will be ok already. 


So now my 'spare tires' look so freaking obvious and I may have problems wearing my clothes without feeling self conscious. Oh, my object of affection and of unrequited love was not around (again!) today and it's always that moody gym facilitator who may be rather cute but always looks like he's not supposed to be there with his constant messaging and bored look. So sad, coz my hair actually looks good today. Too bad then. Ah, but I also looked bloated today so yah, thank God too he did not turn up or otherwise he thought that I went on a food rampage which made me look unusually bigger today..haha.


Nothing to distract me. Not interested in the guys there. Most of them are probably younger than me like in the early 20s or in their late teens even. Ok, I was distracted but not by the guys. Rather, it would be some of the gym users like today, there was this young woman who was walking quickly on the treadmill but instead of walking on the moving belt, well technically she was, but at the same time she kept stepping on the front part of the platform where the moving belt was coming out from. Obviously it meant that either she had to walk faster or she had to increase the speed lah but no, she just kept stepping on that hard plastic partl. So freakin' noisy!

Then, when I moved on to the stationery bike, another woman beside was being distracting as well! What the heck. She kept on turning her head, swinging her towel from left to right while cycling. I can tell that she's really good at multi tasking though. She looked pretty exhausted and maybe she was fidgeting because of that like she just gotta continue. I was afraid she was going to faint though.


If the other woman, who looked like a China woman, was to turn up, then I would strike rich coz that one is also another major distraction. On the rowing machine, she would pull the string wildly like she was whipping a horse. I guess these people are just over enthusiastic like some of the guys who grunt loudly whenever they carry the heavy weight to tell the whole world gym that they are building muscles. Ah, whatever.


Speaking of distraction, I am still distracted by my bloated tummy..haiz. Well, tonight, I am going to use a new facial product and truthfully, I should be smacked. Payday is only next Saturday and I told myself I am going to super scrimp but while waiting for my mum to call back, I hung out at the library and read the Cleo magazine. One of the articles was about beauty awards given to those products that work well and are highly recommended. I don't know why nowadays Im slightly obsessed with wanting to look good. Influence from friends? I dunno...perhaps. But because Im super stingy, I get those products that are useful but do not burn a hole in my pokes. So I came across this one beauty product which is a night facial moisturizer which promises to give me a more radiant complexion and lighten the scars on my face. Sounds like a plan and to be rewarded by a fame beauty magazine is even better. Plus it was affordable. 


Currently they are having a Great Singapore Sales and Watson's is having 20% discount for many of the products. So uhm...I bought one for like 15 dollars only instead of almost 19 dollars. I can assure I will definitely use this product as I don't have one. Nowadays I don't believe in getting many types of things, such as moisturizer, that are going to deliver the same result anyway as it will be a waste of money. Then if I stop using a product half way coz I got another similar one, then I have to throw it away or it will accumulate on my dressing table.


But I know how most girls feel like oh, if they come across something that promises to deliver even better results, then it's just so tempting to get it. It takes a lot of willpower I tell ya, to NOT get it. Lucky Im quite well trained after many years, haha. 


My next aim is to get a lighting cream for the scars on my legs and while I don't think it will totally work, I suppose 50% is not a bad aim. Its original price is $17 but currently is selling at $11 only. I suppose I can get it by next Saturday and I will try to be a good girl by not buying any other beauty products BEFORE I get this product even if I am not able to get it by that day. And ah..it helps for me to continue saving at least $2 per day too to 'lessen' the guilt..hee.


Like the saying goes, plan to fail, fail to plan.

Comments

Popular Posts