Count Your Blessings

Sometimes, we worry over so many things that we forget to count our blessings. We have to be aware of our surroundings that other people may be worse off than us and yet many of them still lead a fulfilling life.
For myself, every day I am plagued with the worry that my money is running out very soon because at times, I have problems coping with my family's..or rather my mother's..extravagance needs. Haagen Daaz ice cream to 'cure' her of her tummy aches?! Give me a break! So I freakin' end up spending 23 over dollars. I think going to the doctor will be cheaper than that and it will cure her pronto.
But you know what, it's tiring to think about this every single day and at times, every few hours. Such a big headache. For the last few days, I have been having fever at night which made me lethargic so I end up going to bed earlier.
Then I got this revelation that I shouldn't worry so much and I should start counting my blessings. Im not penniless, for now, and Im still saving up as per usual every day and next month, I will get my bonus as well compared to last year where I was practically borrowing money to tide over the difficult times. Part of the bonus will go back to my savings account to help me cope with the expenses for the next few months. As to how much of it will go there, I do not know since I've got other urgent things to pay as well. I just need to manage my money well by being smart about spending and I think I will be fine. 
When it comes to weight management, that is another area where I am basically so hung up over. I don't eat a lot of things because I have this fear that it's going to affect my overall health being after the health scare few years ago. Although I still won't compromise on my health, though fried food are always appealing, I should take it easy too just like what Mika has advised in his song 'Relax, take it easy'. Even the doctors advise that we must eat all food in moderation by knowing our limit and also inculcate a habit of developing an eating plan. For example, if we eat fried char kway teow today, the next few days we must go easy with our food intake by opting to eat healthier food choices. It's a simple formula though I admit it's easier said than done. Aiyah this whole losing weight process is not easy. You just have to learn to be super disciplined.
We must remind ourselves that life is too short and that we only live once. Problems will always arise whether we like it or not although it's best we don't find them..haha. I can always learn to manage my time, money and health but I have to learn to do it wisely and if I think that I am doing it right, then I should continue to do so and everything will fall into place nicely instead of worrying about it constantly like some fear of the unknown. God will also help us in times of adversities like He always has been. 

Comments

Popular Posts