Happy 15th Birthday Bro!

My brother has recently been rather addicted to Sims 3. Actually we bought it last year after I got the new laptop coz we were so into the game but I wasn't used to the new game play compared to Sims 2 so it kinda slipped my mind to play it all over again. Ok fine, it was getting rather difficult to play and erm..being someone who sucks at games and who thought that this simulation game is the ONLY game I can excel too, it was quite a downer for me. But anyway, all hope is not lost yet coz I shall learn to play it! Bring it on! But let me finish reading the manual first.


Speaking about my brother, he recently turned 15. Yay for the young man! As much as I think he is a good boy, I feel like I am being a bad sister. I haven't really taught him much about life lessons and bringing him up well with good moral values though I think he is pretty much a thinker himself. He knows he shouldn't get into unnecessary trouble by not mixing in with the wrong crowd. I do nag at him especially about money because we are not a well to do family. Though he used to be frustrated if I told him I was not able to get him some things like not showering him with rather expensive gifts, he got used to it and he knows that Im just simply too budget conscious..heh. But even if I think that I haven't been  performing my sisterly duties well, I thank God that he isn't a handful to take care of. And I also admire his patience in dealing with my mum's rather crazy antics especially when he's at home to hear her spewing nonsense. 

Ok fine, I do teach him one or two things and one of them is patience. Though being a typical teenager, he does get frustrated easily, I said that you just have to learn to ignore and do your own things. If she asks you to buy food, just go buy but understandably, after school he gets tired especially if he walks home. And then that 'duty' falls on me :S


He may be a generally good boy now keeping things to himself sometimes and finding ways to entertain himself such as drawing out blueprints (I see a future career for him) and reading in computer magazines, watching youtube videos on gadgets and uhm..reading on how to make money. I don't know if all will come together in future for him but I want him to grow up to be a useful citizen and not one who terrorizes the nation.


Happy birthday dear brother. Sorry if I didn't get you any birthday gifts and at least I made up for it by buying for you a proper birthday cake rather than a box of donuts which you still think it's the cheapest thing for me to do..haha. Im glad you are a boy who thinks big but with simple needs by not asking for more than we can afford.


Have a great year ahead and  uhm..please make good use of the Jun hols. I will make up for my lack of sisterly duties by making sure you start preparing for your exams early because I just want you to do well and go to a good poly course :)



Comments

Popular Posts