Skip to main content

Happy 15th Birthday Bro!

My brother has recently been rather addicted to Sims 3. Actually we bought it last year after I got the new laptop coz we were so into the game but I wasn't used to the new game play compared to Sims 2 so it kinda slipped my mind to play it all over again. Ok fine, it was getting rather difficult to play and erm..being someone who sucks at games and who thought that this simulation game is the ONLY game I can excel too, it was quite a downer for me. But anyway, all hope is not lost yet coz I shall learn to play it! Bring it on! But let me finish reading the manual first.


Speaking about my brother, he recently turned 15. Yay for the young man! As much as I think he is a good boy, I feel like I am being a bad sister. I haven't really taught him much about life lessons and bringing him up well with good moral values though I think he is pretty much a thinker himself. He knows he shouldn't get into unnecessary trouble by not mixing in with the wrong crowd. I do nag at him especially about money because we are not a well to do family. Though he used to be frustrated if I told him I was not able to get him some things like not showering him with rather expensive gifts, he got used to it and he knows that Im just simply too budget conscious..heh. But even if I think that I haven't been  performing my sisterly duties well, I thank God that he isn't a handful to take care of. And I also admire his patience in dealing with my mum's rather crazy antics especially when he's at home to hear her spewing nonsense. 

Ok fine, I do teach him one or two things and one of them is patience. Though being a typical teenager, he does get frustrated easily, I said that you just have to learn to ignore and do your own things. If she asks you to buy food, just go buy but understandably, after school he gets tired especially if he walks home. And then that 'duty' falls on me :S


He may be a generally good boy now keeping things to himself sometimes and finding ways to entertain himself such as drawing out blueprints (I see a future career for him) and reading in computer magazines, watching youtube videos on gadgets and uhm..reading on how to make money. I don't know if all will come together in future for him but I want him to grow up to be a useful citizen and not one who terrorizes the nation.


Happy birthday dear brother. Sorry if I didn't get you any birthday gifts and at least I made up for it by buying for you a proper birthday cake rather than a box of donuts which you still think it's the cheapest thing for me to do..haha. Im glad you are a boy who thinks big but with simple needs by not asking for more than we can afford.


Have a great year ahead and  uhm..please make good use of the Jun hols. I will make up for my lack of sisterly duties by making sure you start preparing for your exams early because I just want you to do well and go to a good poly course :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...