A Year of Passing

Dear Dad,


it has been exactly a year since you last left us for a better place. I admit it was really hard to let you go and I was determined to see you get better. Alas, seeing you all wired up and going in and out of consciousness made me have a change of heart and sometimes it's better to let you go than to let you continue to suffer unwillingly.


I will always remember those last few moments spent with you as I could not help but to shed tears of sorrow knowing that you were slowly drifting away from me. I touched your hair, your hand...things that I was too scared to do when you were well. I never uttered any 'I love you's to you because you were not the modern dad who would say such things but actions speaks louder than words and you did things that spoke volumes of your love to me and the family even when you were already sick and fragile.


The only thing in your mind is your family and even though we didn't treat you right when you were ill, you bore no grudges against us. You did not want us to suffer and you would rather suffer alone. I still blame myself at times for not being able to give you proper medication because I could not afford it with my measly income. 


God loves you more and He does not bear for you to suffer anymore. I only understand that at the very last moment and very quickly you were taken away from us.


Dad, wherever you are, I hope you find peace and in good company of your loved ones who have passed on. I still get misty whenever I recall memories of you because everything is just so fresh in my mind.


I love you Dad.

Comments

Popular Posts