Shopping and Shopping

Shopping and shopping. Yes I know I am not supposed to shop given my 'other' priority is to pay bills (to think that i have yet to settle even my phone bills :S) and that it will be such a tiring thing to re-budget and re-budget so that I don't end up with very little savings. No doubt bonus is less than a month away but still. Anyway, I met a friend last Friday after not seeing for some time and I thought it was just an ordinary meet up with coffee but we ended up spending at cotton on and mango since they were having sales and she just swooped in..haha. I know going out with her also mean having to spend on myself too because I find that whenever she buys something, I am compelled to buy something as well coz I dunno, even if I have not picked out anything to buy, she will pick it out for me. It always happens though so sometimes Im quite thankful that I don't go out with her often. Very dangerous for my pocket..haha..though I try to play smart and not be crazy over my purchases like I know when is enough and if the price is right based on my mental calculations. I wonder if my brain has gone bigger from all this mental calculations of my budget.


I mean, come on, my mum has this mentality that I can get whatever she wants and my headaches will come about whenever she's inspired by some cooking show and she wants me to get those ingredients that I doubt she will ever use since she doesn't even cook. It's such a waste but she hates it when I ask what is the purpose of me getting those ingredients like what is she going to do. If I say no, she will sulk and complain that I am too calculative and me not getting what she wants is implying that I have used up all my savings. Well, I need to make sure I don't run out of them. But me and my mum don't have the same wavelength in regards to spending of money. 


And I still don't get why the heck she sees Haagen Daaz ice cream as the 'cure' for her stomach pains. Utter ridiculous 'thanks' to my ever 'helpful' aunt who doesn't real actual food but prefers indulging in ice cream and chocolates. 


Well, at least she knows that she has spent so and so and when she gets her money this week, she's not going to use them. I don't know how long will that be before she starts asking me for money to cover her expenses when she's not around.


My family is so dysfunctional. But this time I can't blame her totally coz Im at fault as I screw up on my budget based on my own expenditures. Im still hard at saving daily though so hopefully I'll make a recovery of my money however little it can cover..sigh. Come next month in July, since I've already shopped in advance way before my next pay, I shall be in hibernation..haha. Like real.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts