Spilt Milk

Do you know how I spent my weekend? Gloating over how careless I am with money. BUt, being the strong girl that I am, I have to just learn my mistakes and move on. Or at least learn how to survive this week. Haiz, why does God have to give me hardship right before the big payout? Or is He telling me to not lose focus on life and tell me that hey, Rahayu, you shouldnt be thinking about yourself and only about your family?

To me, I know family is important, blah blah blah, but sometimes, I just feel that I should give myself some 'me' time in the jolly good world of receiving bonus and now I get blamed by my mum for not handling the money properly.

Over the weekend, I was gloating over how misguided I was and how I lost control a bit over my almost non existing shopping spree, not counting handphone and my brother's ipod. But of course I wont turn the table on my family and blaming them for having a certain level of spending compared to a normal family who eats home cooked food. It's my responsibility and it's my family so Im not going to walk out on them. I accept it fully (though not spiritually) and yes, despite my anger and disappointment in losing control a bit, at least I fulfilled the responsibility part in terms of my brother's VERY EXPENSIVE sec one education.

And as cliche as it sounds, it's really no use crying over spilt milk. And my infamous 'life goes on' motto and also 'things happen for a reason'. Yup, if you're down and out, words of wisdom from anonymous writers come up.

So yah, it sorta remind me of sex education. Okay how does this gloating period leads to sex education? Well, they say to always use protection, right? And then, one moment of lust without protection and then, boom! You're preggos. Just like Britney Spears's 16 year old sister, Jamie Lynn. And here I thought she's a good role model to teens unlike trashy older sibling.

And also about those businessmen travelling abroad and had that one night stand with a prostitute which was enough to infect him and get him HIV positive. That led to the wife and eventually the child they had to be infected as well. Just because of one miserable one night stand.

See? Never lose focus on life. Not even a second. It puts you right off track and if you're lucky, you get to sweep off the dirt and then move on being careful of the next step you take or you fall down the pitiful hole again. But what if you dont get that second chance again and life spells 'that's it' and you're done with a hole in your head?

As for now, I made a mess out from the spilt milk and I have to clean it up. I have to put up with this hardship for one more week and yah, hopefully little miracles fly in and then for the last time ever, I promise NOT TO screw up again. Gawd I feel like some down and out hollywood celebrity.

Comments

Popular Posts