Skip to main content

Spilt Milk

Do you know how I spent my weekend? Gloating over how careless I am with money. BUt, being the strong girl that I am, I have to just learn my mistakes and move on. Or at least learn how to survive this week. Haiz, why does God have to give me hardship right before the big payout? Or is He telling me to not lose focus on life and tell me that hey, Rahayu, you shouldnt be thinking about yourself and only about your family?

To me, I know family is important, blah blah blah, but sometimes, I just feel that I should give myself some 'me' time in the jolly good world of receiving bonus and now I get blamed by my mum for not handling the money properly.

Over the weekend, I was gloating over how misguided I was and how I lost control a bit over my almost non existing shopping spree, not counting handphone and my brother's ipod. But of course I wont turn the table on my family and blaming them for having a certain level of spending compared to a normal family who eats home cooked food. It's my responsibility and it's my family so Im not going to walk out on them. I accept it fully (though not spiritually) and yes, despite my anger and disappointment in losing control a bit, at least I fulfilled the responsibility part in terms of my brother's VERY EXPENSIVE sec one education.

And as cliche as it sounds, it's really no use crying over spilt milk. And my infamous 'life goes on' motto and also 'things happen for a reason'. Yup, if you're down and out, words of wisdom from anonymous writers come up.

So yah, it sorta remind me of sex education. Okay how does this gloating period leads to sex education? Well, they say to always use protection, right? And then, one moment of lust without protection and then, boom! You're preggos. Just like Britney Spears's 16 year old sister, Jamie Lynn. And here I thought she's a good role model to teens unlike trashy older sibling.

And also about those businessmen travelling abroad and had that one night stand with a prostitute which was enough to infect him and get him HIV positive. That led to the wife and eventually the child they had to be infected as well. Just because of one miserable one night stand.

See? Never lose focus on life. Not even a second. It puts you right off track and if you're lucky, you get to sweep off the dirt and then move on being careful of the next step you take or you fall down the pitiful hole again. But what if you dont get that second chance again and life spells 'that's it' and you're done with a hole in your head?

As for now, I made a mess out from the spilt milk and I have to clean it up. I have to put up with this hardship for one more week and yah, hopefully little miracles fly in and then for the last time ever, I promise NOT TO screw up again. Gawd I feel like some down and out hollywood celebrity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...