Lookback in 2007 pt 1

Aah....the joy of a new year especially when it opens to a big bang. The time when resolutions are still fresh before it gets stale the next day itself. Or if you're like me...start on the second day itself..hee.


Anyway, let me do a recap...on what went on in my life..my influences..my downfall...my up moments...basically anything.


Well, one of the best things that happened in my life was the Muse Concert in January which I blogged about. The standing in the open field...braving the rain and the sun...was worth it..all 2 freaking hours of it. And I meant only the waiting time...so total, four freaking hours of standing! Fooh..a mean feat! Even though the teenagers were ruthless at first, after awhile I kinda got the hang of it coz I was like self convincing myself by saying that..'heck! I paid a bloody 70 plus dollar ticket..I deserve a right on this field too!' and then I started to seriously enjoy myself..woohoo! I LOVE YOU MUSE!!

Then, I did something about my weight coz, believe it or not, I dont know what happened, by the end of 2006, I put on almost 7 kg. Suddenly, I had this boobs that looked like they went through some transplant due to all the eating and struggled to fit in my clothes. So yah, I think it was mostly attributed to my gigantic snack-a-fest moments. But I managed to lose them and got back on track. Well, almost all the time. Still, because I had not been fully concerned about my weight the whole of this year, I did not manage to accomplish my resolution of losing 10kg. It's okay...at the very least, I didnt go overboard like last year.


And then yadah yadah..life hit a pit stop and I was trying to get used to working with different groups of colleagues due to a reshuffle. And then I was also travelling to different places of Singapore which I had never covered before for the last four years so it was a totally different thing for me. Exciting..scary..tiring..very tiring..


Ooh...after that I had this little..ok..big thingey..over my driver. They just HAD to assign a good looking driver to my team..hehe..*rahayu mustering a 'thank you' to God*. But he was initially shy..and been like that for like two and a half long freaking months..yes, he's that shy. But later, after assessing that we dont bite, though we secretly want to..heh heh..he opened up and I dont know if that was a good thing or a bad thing..cos he just wont shut up even when it was obvious that I was busy but he would keep on yakking. But he coloured our lives...and made our working life out field more bearable and his super efficiency and friendliness were non-contestable when he was replaced.


I also had the chance to have quite a friendship with him..to the point of calling each other nicknames..like uhm..dear..hunny..over the phones..but no, I still dont count that as flirting *whistling*. It felt like wow...he's one of the rare few guy friends that I had..which sadly, ended coz he quit end of July. Well, he would always be remembered..dear bugger.


And then in May, I had the stupidest assignment of being holed up in a refraction clinic in Marsiling..bah humbag! For one whole freaking month! Actually, the jail time had been reduced from two months but it felt like it was the longest time ever. I lost a bit of weight coz I merely ate bread from the halal bread shop just opposite the polyclinic..and missed gym..GAH! and my colleagues..double GAH!! and bugger..TRIPLE GAH!!! Why just bread? Coz I was too lazy to go out and eat..alone..plus the ones working at the clinic, they mostly just buy food and brng it back or bring home cooked food. But I missed going out with my colleagues and eating with them.

Anyway, in that some month too, Nats organised a bargeque party with ex schoolmates. It was quite a reunion. But being called a slut for no reason by a non favourite within that group killed off the mood. Still, the food was great and Nats, yet again, did a wonderful job of organising and have to give her some credit.

And then in June, I made new friends and we were like so close despite the rather..uhm..big age gap that we had between us. They barely got out of their teens or still in their late teens while moi..well...am barely surviving in my mid twenties. But it made me feel young all over again..as if..pfft..Im not already..but it gave a fresh new perspective in life. I never felt so cheery and had so much fun working with them.

July and then mid August...I would rather say that it had been quite a shopping experience. I tasted financial freedom coz my father sold his shares and we got some money, and I bought myself a Guess wallet. But it also made me learn a painful lesson in which we have to be careful about our spending at all times because even the littlest things matter and before you know it, all those dollar notes...will be gone like the wind.

That very month too, I found out that my department was shutting down and the news was that we might lose our job. I was confused...sad..angry...and I just didnt know how to tell my mum and apparently I didnt until few months later when everything had been confirmed. But life goes on and they promised that they will see through the process with care and make sure that we will not be left behind.

SO I struggled through in September and it was like being hit in the face with a fly swatter. I was so paranoid about money that it was constantly on my mind as to how I was going to survive this family and I felt the full blown effect of being the sole breadwinner for the first time.

But amidst the struggles, I had my birthday too and it was superb. What better way to spend your birthday but with close friends. The gifts didnt really matter but what matters is the friendship that we have...forged through the years...and hopefully will last a lifetime.

And then it was the fasting month followed by Hari Raya and it was a very very sombre celebration coz our family ran out of money and I finally confessed that I used up the family savings already. Of course my mum was angry...and my father also got to know about it...which made me cry rather hysterical coz I had been keeping quiet about this but my mum just had to be the drama queen and made it all big news.

To be Continued..






Comments

Popular Posts