Fainting Spell

I went to work for the first time since last Thursday when I fell ill. I had to clear my leaves and knowing that I would be almost penniless, i thought the first two days of this week I just had to vacant myself from work. Of course back then, I didnt know that I would fall sick and take such a bloody long time to recover. I dont know what's going on with my body system and thinking that yesterday, would have marked one week already since the time I became ill, it would be no problem if I dont exert too much strain on myself.

Guess what. The trip over the err...overhead bridge...the less than five minutes waiting for the bus...the walking trip to the mrt escalator..the walk down the two mrt escalators...the standing up while topping the ezlink card...and by the time, I managed to get on the mrt, I felt..woozy. It was like my blood was slowly draining out of me and I could barely stand.

The trouble began when I felt queasy and I had to squat down...at the side door to prevent myself from fainting. I could not care less about the crowd...I had no other choice and I was practically reeling over from the pain. Good thing my mum made for me a bottle of hot tea so that kept me going for a bit. Twice I had to squat down and I managed to get out of the train in one piece and then board the lift. I thought it would be over but the minute I stepped into the lift, and even though it was not crowded, I was slipping into a state of unconsciousness already and inside my head I was like 'hurry up already!' By the time, I came out of the lift, everything was so fuzzy wuzzy and luckily the group that was in the same lift as me made quite a hurry exit and I was alone and knelt down outside the lift sipping the drink again before slowly making my way down and up the flight of stairs few metres away.

By the time I got to my office building's lift, I was slumped against the wall and lucky this lift was faster than the mrt lift so I had no chance to experience the same claustrophobic feeling as just now. As soon as I stepped out of the lift, I managed to walk myself to the row of seats near the dental and managed to sit down for just a bit. I didnt care if I was running late. I was sick. Period.

When I managed to haul myself to my office which was at the other end from the dental, and then plonk myself on the seat, everyone was like what happened coz I looked so pale. I told them what happened and believe me, i looked as sick as a ghost.

What an unforgettable experience.....

and p.s.

WHEN WILL I EVER GET BETTER?!!!

Stupid polyclinic medicine.

Comments

Popular Posts