CES and Reality Speaks

What the hell is..CES? Self-described thingey...short form for...computer eyes syndrome. AWWW....

Im suffering from this either coz my specs are not in shape (the screws need a bit of twisting..) or Im using way too much computer. YOu know what, I think im going to put it down to both. It doesnt help that at the end of this year, 2007, there's this huge recaps and reviews of the movies and american dramas..and I get to know quite a few of these american dramas, both past and new, from the internet which I've come to love..and read, I mean since I cant watch them on TV, might as well just read the lengthy recaps. Now seriously, Im not much of a tv person but because Im someone of loyalty (self advertising: honest, kind, good willed..)..err..in terms of tv shows and labels..relationships not tested yet..I always get my ass plonked down infront of the television for some good ol' watching of fav programmes. I've been watching CSI:Miami for years and I thought this season is better than season 4. I dont know what they're trying to do but there are too much storylines weaved into season 4, not including the crime scene investigations, that Im like...what the heck?!

And there's youtube too where past reality tv shows get a reappearance via the kind users and those shows that I only read about..well, I get to watch them here..eppy by eppy. Well, almost all. It made me think that hey, America doesnt just churn out good shows..it churns out bad shows too. But when I say bad, I dont really mean..bad as in the meaning in the dictionary. As weird as it sounds, for entertainment purpose, sometimes bad, can be a twisted, like you know, get you wanna find out what happens next as ridiculous the taglines can be.

Just like the two clips I posted prior to this entry. Well.......................my thoughts on them? The title itself screams 'stereotyping!!!' but it's a fun take on dating..though in a twisted manner and humiliating as well when the guy that you have the hots for...turns out to be a gay..and has a hot boyfriend to boot. You will be swearing until the cows come home.

Of course we always have the ones that thought the show is degrading them..especially the gay people because we all have this little gaydar in us..rusty or not, we dont know, that lives on facts that we pick up from the media or anywhere. But Im not just talking about stereotyping the gays. Im talking about how in life, we're often stereotyping people. We can deny it but we cant run away from it and in CSI speak, when we stereotype, it spells trouble coz a killer can be let on loose coz we think that..'pfft..narh, this poor innocent little girl cant possibly be the murderer' when she can be THE most cold blooded murderer of all.

So, it's really interesting seeing the girls make the guessing game, and how often they are wrong at guessing. For example, a guy who constantly wears a hairband to keep his curly fringes in place is labeled as gay...but turns out to be straight and available..and this guy who is into hunting and can shoot an arrow (after a few failed tries..coz he talked 'big' at first) to an almost bull eye plus flirted a bit with the girl..turns out to be gay though everything he did spelt masculine at its best. Oh, wanna know why he was eliminated as the gay one? Based on his grooming kit. How 'funky' is that? She has this assumption that gay guys are very the high maintenance and if any of them had more stuffs than her in his kit then he must be the gay one.

Ironically, the guy with the least and most basic stuffs in his kit turned out to be gay (yah, the masculine one)..which surprised her in the end..and the ones with the most bizarre thing..and habit..'trimming his eyebrows...arm hairs..chest hairs..' is single..and straight! She didnt pick the latter coz she thought only a gay guy would be so concerned with his chest hairs so yup, she lost the game and the vacation.

Haiz, a cute gay..a cute.....hunky one..why is the world so unfair?!! Did you check out his boyfriend? OH.MY.GAWD. Triple unfair!! Alright, Im digressing.


Dont even let me begin on another reality tv show which aired few years ago but which made a comeback on youtube. That is another stereotyping at its best with the cruel twist in the show which changed the gameplan and kept the main player more alert..and uhm..more questioning.

So you see what I've been up to? It's crazy, man! Im hooked on the internet for a totally different reason now! Man, I hope the picnic thingey that Im gonna have with my two good friends on a beach would finally give my brain some air to breathe. And oh, give my eyes some much needed rest too.

Comments

Popular Posts