Skip to main content

CES and Reality Speaks

What the hell is..CES? Self-described thingey...short form for...computer eyes syndrome. AWWW....

Im suffering from this either coz my specs are not in shape (the screws need a bit of twisting..) or Im using way too much computer. YOu know what, I think im going to put it down to both. It doesnt help that at the end of this year, 2007, there's this huge recaps and reviews of the movies and american dramas..and I get to know quite a few of these american dramas, both past and new, from the internet which I've come to love..and read, I mean since I cant watch them on TV, might as well just read the lengthy recaps. Now seriously, Im not much of a tv person but because Im someone of loyalty (self advertising: honest, kind, good willed..)..err..in terms of tv shows and labels..relationships not tested yet..I always get my ass plonked down infront of the television for some good ol' watching of fav programmes. I've been watching CSI:Miami for years and I thought this season is better than season 4. I dont know what they're trying to do but there are too much storylines weaved into season 4, not including the crime scene investigations, that Im like...what the heck?!

And there's youtube too where past reality tv shows get a reappearance via the kind users and those shows that I only read about..well, I get to watch them here..eppy by eppy. Well, almost all. It made me think that hey, America doesnt just churn out good shows..it churns out bad shows too. But when I say bad, I dont really mean..bad as in the meaning in the dictionary. As weird as it sounds, for entertainment purpose, sometimes bad, can be a twisted, like you know, get you wanna find out what happens next as ridiculous the taglines can be.

Just like the two clips I posted prior to this entry. Well.......................my thoughts on them? The title itself screams 'stereotyping!!!' but it's a fun take on dating..though in a twisted manner and humiliating as well when the guy that you have the hots for...turns out to be a gay..and has a hot boyfriend to boot. You will be swearing until the cows come home.

Of course we always have the ones that thought the show is degrading them..especially the gay people because we all have this little gaydar in us..rusty or not, we dont know, that lives on facts that we pick up from the media or anywhere. But Im not just talking about stereotyping the gays. Im talking about how in life, we're often stereotyping people. We can deny it but we cant run away from it and in CSI speak, when we stereotype, it spells trouble coz a killer can be let on loose coz we think that..'pfft..narh, this poor innocent little girl cant possibly be the murderer' when she can be THE most cold blooded murderer of all.

So, it's really interesting seeing the girls make the guessing game, and how often they are wrong at guessing. For example, a guy who constantly wears a hairband to keep his curly fringes in place is labeled as gay...but turns out to be straight and available..and this guy who is into hunting and can shoot an arrow (after a few failed tries..coz he talked 'big' at first) to an almost bull eye plus flirted a bit with the girl..turns out to be gay though everything he did spelt masculine at its best. Oh, wanna know why he was eliminated as the gay one? Based on his grooming kit. How 'funky' is that? She has this assumption that gay guys are very the high maintenance and if any of them had more stuffs than her in his kit then he must be the gay one.

Ironically, the guy with the least and most basic stuffs in his kit turned out to be gay (yah, the masculine one)..which surprised her in the end..and the ones with the most bizarre thing..and habit..'trimming his eyebrows...arm hairs..chest hairs..' is single..and straight! She didnt pick the latter coz she thought only a gay guy would be so concerned with his chest hairs so yup, she lost the game and the vacation.

Haiz, a cute gay..a cute.....hunky one..why is the world so unfair?!! Did you check out his boyfriend? OH.MY.GAWD. Triple unfair!! Alright, Im digressing.


Dont even let me begin on another reality tv show which aired few years ago but which made a comeback on youtube. That is another stereotyping at its best with the cruel twist in the show which changed the gameplan and kept the main player more alert..and uhm..more questioning.

So you see what I've been up to? It's crazy, man! Im hooked on the internet for a totally different reason now! Man, I hope the picnic thingey that Im gonna have with my two good friends on a beach would finally give my brain some air to breathe. And oh, give my eyes some much needed rest too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...