Budget Week

Oh my goodness, I am so freaking lazy to upload pictures to my multiply account. You have no idea how complacent I have been. This morning, after waking up (for uhm...about 45 minutes after my alarm first rang..hehe)..I managed to clean up my sofa. I know what you're thinking. What is there to clean on the sofa? You...have never seen a sofa like mine. It doubles up as a dumpster..and dont let me go into the details.
 
You know what...I thought I would be the only one whose budget is so freaking tight, it hurts. Apparently, Im not alone. One of my colleagues in the morning, was telling me that this week, she is not able to buy for me milo because her budget is tight. Uhm, yeah, apparently my colleagues thought that Im such a nice girl that they like to buy me drinks and often they dont let me pay back...go figure. See, what niceness does to you...hehe.
 
Other colleagues of mine were also cutting costs but some of them were still nice to bring breakfast from home to be shared among all. I finally made my contribution this morning when my mum made some kuih suji yesterday night and had packed it in a small container. I didnt expect it to be finished so fast but heck, that is just in the morning..haha..and we're known for being big eaters. For me, I could only graciously accept the offer by just sampling or eating mere few bites as I could only practise caution by not going overboard. I am a reformed (yet again....) snack queen. Then during lunch, I could almost slap myself for taking three dishes instead of my earlier decision to eat two coz that would have saved me..like uhm...80 cents? People, 80 cents can mean a LOT if you're broke. And it didnt help that later, the two colleagues who went down with me to buy the lunch from downstairs, only ordered two dishes coz of budget constraint. GAH!!!!!! Why cant I get behind my thick skull that Im on a freaking budget?! Well, at least Im not alone and Im so not gonna make the mistake again later for this week..haiz..
 
Meanwhile, my other female colleague whose is about the same age as me is enjoying being part of the dating cum meeting new guys circle. How lucky. Even though I have not been in this circle, when she's faced with confusion and a bit of pressure, I could only advise her to take things slow and at most, if things dont quite work out as in 'more than friends', well....they can be just friends and I dont think that is a loss. It's also called widening the social circle..or networking..coz you will never know, if that friend has a better guy friend and so forth.
 
Okaylah, one part of me envy her bravery for wanting to meet new guys whether is it based on colleague's recommendations or a relative's recommendation. I thought that hey, maybe it's not such a bad idea after all but as open minded as I try to be, I am just afraid the other party may not feel the same way too. Really, I dont mind being friends which would open up my almost stagnant social life and also just for the fun of it but I dont think others think in the same line as me. I mean, I cant blame them coz hey, who doesnt want a stab in their love life?
 
You know what. I think Im gonna stop reading these real life articles about people in and out of love and the trials and tribulations they had to endure during the course of their relationship.
 
Why?!
 
Coz Im turning...MUSHY!!! Argh!!!

Comments

Popular Posts