Cold Case

Wow...I have three pending blog posts to do up and I think they can be a bit lengthy...so yah, be prepared for a ride. It's about the end of the year...the closing of one chapter and the opening of another chapter..some good times, some bad times..life's hardest blows and greatest gifts...and amidst the chaos, still a non existing love life..bwahahaha!

Anyhoo, in preparation for those entries (mentally, that is..all crammed in my head right now), I think I need to 'destress' by watching more lame show on the internet..heh. Perfect. Excuse.

But yesterday's one was really a heartfelt one. I dont know if you catch this show on tv. One of those brainchild concepts of Jerry Bruckheimer and that show is Cold Case. I used to watch the show but it's so emotionally driven though at the end of it, you feel relieved that the case is closed and the killer or killers who have been on the loose all these years are put behind bars and justice has been served.

I didnt watch the entire episode but just some clips on the internet. I think it's one of the popular episodes. I kinda watched some clips before and I knew that one of them died when he was shot out of nowhere but I didnt want to know how he died coz knowing he died itself was sad coz this was a young man full of hope and desires and his life ended just like that.

Besides, i read some of the comments and apparently some of them cried and being a big crybaby myself, I think I would join the group of tearjerkers. But I thought heck, I would just sit through this one particular clip showing only the flashbacks before and after he died which took us back to the 60's.

It was 9 minutes but a very intensifying one that I hardly blinked an eye. Even minutes before he died, he stuck on to his belief because he felt that nothing could change that. But what made me shed a bit of tears..and er..sniff my nose...was when at almost at the end of the drama when the case had been closed, it showed the present and the past where the surviving character touched the hand of the one who died and he was smiling at the spot where he died revisited by this character. Then it went back to a time where they both were young all over again for that one last moment of remembrance and it was there I was like...eurgh..so sad..oh so sad..coz that moment could have just been real if not for his brutal slaying. But it was only his way of saying thanks and that his soul would finally rest in peace.

Okay I was already about to cry way before that coz they had a bit of an argument before the slaying and then one of them suddenly had a gut feeling that something would not be right. But it was too late already and I think at this point of time, my heart stopped I guess.

So you see why I have problems watching this show on tv. There is a moment of relief and a moment of sadness but all rolled into one and then imagine living with the biggest regret of your life throughout the years when the last memory you had of him or her was not a pleasant one because of some heated argument. I mean you will never know what will happen next because life is so unpredictable so be nice to all your loved ones and dont leave an angry moment between you and them last for long as you would not want to carry that memory with you.

From today, cherish the happy moments and whenever a bad time ever occur between you and a loved one, relive these moments so your anger wont last for long. Im always a firm believer of things happening for a reason. They can totally change the course of your life and even Im sure in that show, the characters may not be able to prevent the unfortunate incidents from occuring but after that, they would view life differently and make a positive change in memory of the one who died.

So yah, it is a powerful show coz it makes you ponder a bit. If you catch the show, try to watch at least a few episodes and then go through the emotional rollercoaster that I had. Not an easy ride but hey, at the least the ending is happy as the case closes. Justice takes time to come but has finally done its deed.

Comments

Popular Posts