Skip to main content

Til Death Do Us Part?

The people in Hollywood glamorized marriage and they are also responsible for glamourizing divorce as well. However, I still think that marriage is a beautiful thing, though for some, the beauty ends at the wedding ceremony itself.

I believe that we ought to have a life partner to take care of us in our senior years. However, it is not easy finding that life partner. Many girls are finding the wrong one and sadly they are still holding on to them for the sake of not being single or to be blamed upon if the relationship goes awry. A message that I wish to convey to them, you deserve happiness. If it is not working for you, perhaps it is time to move on. You will meet new people, reconcile with old ones and who knows, even find your life partner among them.

For me, as you know, haven't been so lucky in love. I used to think that maybe I'm not that pretty, slim and intelligent enough. But now, I don't really care about it anymore. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, I just grab the next good looking available guy and we can call it a day. Kidding.

Personally, I don't deserve one, at least not for now. There are a lot of kinks that I need to iron out in my life and get things in order before I can look into the crystal ball again for a glimmer of hope. I don't have much expectations about guys except that they must be really tolerant with me as my awkwardness and shyness can be a tad overwhelming sometimes. They must also be sincere, basically have some ambition in life to be for the better and then love me unconditionally. Geez, things I learnt from soap dramas :/

But secretly, I still think that marriage isn't for me. I'm neither girlfriend or wife material. Give me time, and I still think I'm not qualified enough. I know that not everyone is perfect but then marriage is about learning to give and take and to take care of each other till death do us part.

So I could understand how the lead felt in a movie I watched in youtube. It is just not the kind of life she wanted. But being a muslim, we are encouraged to find a life partner. So I'm kinda am in a fix about that, haha..like I can't run away from it.

But then again, it isn't easy to find some guy who even remotely like me because I'm just not one to go out and socialise and make new friends on a whim. I prefer having a smaller circle of friends who help one another out and to be ther for one another. I'm an introvert but people do warm up to me easily coz I guess I'm quite easygoing in nature despite my awkward shyness.

While being just a regular girl with no outstanding personality or looks can dampen my spirits, nowadays I don't let it get me down. I don't think so much now about how I look like how I'm not as pretty and slim as them. I'm me, take it or leave it. Even bigger sized girls can find love so it is a misconception right from the start that if you are just an average looker, you won't have much luck in love.

So my advice to you girls out there, whether you are young or more mature, please choose your life partner carefully. It is not about guys who have the deepest pocket, or the flashiest car, but about those who will take care of you no matter what and grow old with you.

You deserve happiness so don't hold on to a relationship that you are not happy in. Talk it out and if you both can't reach a favourable agreement, maybe it is time to move on.

For those swinging singles especially those girls without much confidence in themselves as they are just too self conscious, now don't feel that way. You are fab in your own way. If he can't see that in you, you don't need that guy. Trust me, with your kindness and sincerity, you will surely find someone more deserving of you.

Don't give up hope yet girls. For those who have found their life partner, congrats :) but continue to be loving and supporting of each other.
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld
Powered by Gee! from StarHub

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...