Skip to main content

Being a Teacher isn't Easy

I work with teachers but I'm not a teacher. I actually work in the admin department and I like my job though sometimes it can be challenging especially when I feel swarmed by it. Or when my boss keeps calling me for work related stuffs especially when she is doing the approval for payment or vetting through. So, the headache.

Anyway, I can honestly say most teachers are really nice though some are really driving me up the wall. That or they are just simply aint nice but then, it is also because of their personality. But as teachers, they are really dedicated. I also deal with parents and honestly, they can be demanding and very irritating and they are not scared of the higher authority in school. To them, they are being like that all because they care for their children but they are overbearing as if they don't let their children make mistakes and learn. Plus, whatever their children said, they believe every bit of their story though they are not there to see for themselves and even if their children can be partly at fault. Too much protection over your children won't help. Let them learn to be more independent.

Honestly, I don't know what will happen to the future generation. They can be intelligent due to the amount of enrichment classes and tuition classes but they can also end up having very low EQ and very little respect for other people. I can safely say the future generation is pretty much screwed. Harsh, but true.

So while I did aspire to become a teacher when I was younger, now I don't. I don't think I can handle this generation of children. That said, most, yes most, of the parents are nice, many of the children are honest and good so ok, there is still some hope.

I hope schools are also doing their best to instil discipline into children and continue to impart good values. Parents, as loving as they can be, may step over the line. I can only say, good job to the teachers and though there is a high turnover rate of teachers leaving, it shouldn't be a discouraging sign. Treat it as a challenge, rise above it and your students and the parents, will thank you for it.
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld
Powered by Gee! from StarHub

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...