Skip to main content

A Little Rant

I tell upfront that this isn't my year. I don't know if it has anything to do with me turning 30, but God forbids. Anyway, I am just taking it all in my stride, with the hope that things will get better. While I am happy that during such difficult times, I did get offers of monetary help which helps me to tide things over but there is just this short disappointment that well, not everybody can be nice about it.


I don't wish to elaborate on it. I would rather talk about how I am just treating this as part of life and that not everyone seems to be what they seem to be. Like come on, even I don't know who I am a 100%, let alone someone else? But it kinda makes you wonder what got you there in the first place with that particular someone? Was it something that they do? Something that I did? I really don't know. All I know is that it is not going to be easy getting out of it. I just have to see it in another perspective and just learn my mistakes and not to take it to heart because it's just going to kill me slowly.


Sometimes I do wish people will be less controversial like purposely trying to drive attention to themselves, not necessarily a good form of attention. I mean why do you want to bully others easily for your personal gain? What do you hope to get out of it? Fame and fortune? If this is their method of garnering attention, they are just going to gather more unnecessary hatred.


I also wish that people should be less selfish and be more knowing that not everybody is going through easy times like them. The worst part of it is that they don't really care. To say that they didn't get it is an understatement. These people are adults. They should know what they are getting into but very often, our hearts get the better of us. They don't really think. They're just too egoistic.


Whatever it is, I don't really care what others may think or what they do to drive people's attention to them. Let's all be more rational and not be carried away with our emotions.





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...