Skip to main content

Praying for Things to Get Better

When life isn't treating you well, what do you do? Do you just take it in your stride and just hope for the best to come soon? Or you just sink deeper and deeper until you don't know whether you want to go on with life or you would rather be dead than be in this state of suffering?


As you can see from my last few posts, I can honestly tell you that this is like one of the worst times of my life. Ironically, I should be in a celebraty mood because the Muslim celebration Hari Raya is just around the corner and as much as I tried to save up as much as I can, lady luck isn't on my side. I don't even get any piece of news about an advance pay. It is almost the day itself, which is on Tuesday, and I have my doubts that I will get the pay anytime soon. 


So what can I do about it? Basically nothing I guess. While we are encouraged to celebrate it, even in the simplest manner, I just couldn't. How can I when I am practically broke? I sought help before and got myself a 100 bucks and it did help me tide over the week but honestly, because it is the fasting month, we have to spend a bit more than usual because of the break fast and the pre dawn meals. Though we try to save up as and where we can, I cannot deny that the rising prices of goods in general has taken a huge toll on me. I don't publicise my hardship though I do rant quite a bit here and there and on twitter but basically not directly to anyone.


But God is great. I know in times of need like this, He will help us. I don't know how but I have faith in Him that things will get better. I do not know if it is because of me that I am in such deep deep trouble. I don't know if I have been too careless with money this year. I don't know if it's because I have been too greedy with money. Who knows. There must be something that i have done that got me into such a terrible fix that I just don't know how to get out from but just pray for the better. 


I'm just a servant to Him and I know that whatever is going in my life right now, I just have to learn to accept it. There is something to learn from it and only I know where have I gone wrong if I could look deep into my soul and see for myself what I could have done to make things better. 


Pray for me that things will get better.



follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...