Skip to main content

Beauty 101: Wet N Wild Palettes (Vanity)

Hold on to your horses peeps because I am doing a marathon blog post writing...ha! To basically occupy my time because I feel like I owe you valuable things to read. 


If you are on a tight budget but want to get a make up palette with such intense colours, I recommend you the drugstore make up product from Wet N Wild which is not found in Singapore but if you know your way around beauty blogs, you can actually find out where to get them. And in Sing dollars, it's not that expensive. I bought mine at $12.00. I know that I told myself NOT to spend on make up anymore and to try to take part in contest for a chance to win some make up products but alas, so not working.


Plus, it's only $12. 


Anyway, if you live in Singapore, I can suggest two reliable blogs that source for their products and sell it to you. In the US, they are selling around $4.00 to $5.00 so over there, it's simply one of the best drugstore make up products.


I got mine in Vanity.




I like the fact that three of the shades are matte and the other three have shimmer. You can create smoky eyes with them and if you are one who is into every day make up, this is a good choice. It can also take you from day to night if you add a bit of shimmer. So it is that flexible. 


You can read more about this product on this blog and also to see the picture in better quality.

Bebe Beauty blog



There are more shades available and they also have palettes that have eight pans in them which to me is a good value for money. But I'm not looking for their shades. In future, honestly, I don't think I need anymore of them not coz I don't think they're nice but it's more like I don't really need more of them. I'm thinking of getting those coloured felt tip pens or liners. Easier to apply for noobs like me..haha.


Where to get them??


Cherub's Lips


Under-twenty20


I know how some of you girls are really tight on your money but to me, it is absolutely no harm in making yourself look more beautiful with the help of a bit of make up. Look out for discounts and also do your research online or do the swatches first with the trial versions and save up for them, like how I did. And don't buy too many at one go coz you will end up not using all of them and it will be such a waste darlz.

If you like colours, go for the bolder colours like pink and purple or even yellow. Want more subtle colours? You can get those matte shades in brownish tones. If you ask me, no harm trying to add colours to your make up especially if you are going out somewhere and you have made an effort to dress up. You can always try to neutralize the bold colours with shades like black or brown. The key is in the blending with the right tools. I assure you, with practice, you can apply makeup like a pro.


Good luck!



follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...