Skip to main content

Beauty 101: Taking Care of Your Neck As A Beauty Regime

Let me begin with a back story. I used to be one of those people who couldn't care less about her beauty regime despite repeatedly being told that it is essential. Although now I have put into practice moisturising my skin, face and body, to me they don't come naturally. But whatever the excuse, it has to be done. When you learn to program that in your head, it will come naturally. But forgive my brain, it doesn't work so well.

Anyway, I thank God for finally kicking senses into myself, probably after being influenced by the people around me. I know I can never match up to them in terms of their beauty product knowledge but to me, practicing is more important.

While the face may appear younger making people to happily think that you are younger, the neck can be a dead giveaway. Why is that? Very often, people may slather moisturizer and toner on the face but they can skip the neck thinking that it is alright to leave it. Not true. When you cleanse and moisturise your face, don't forget to extend it to your neck. Most of the products are mostly for the face and body so it is easy to forget. But the neck can age easily. Apart from that, it can also be prone to black marks, warts and sagging skin. So not the pretty.

When you apply moisturizer to your neck after the cleanser & toner (bearing in mind, this is the most basic skincare routine), stroke your hands upwards. This is also a good way to massage your neck which helps to reduce the chances of getting sagging skin in the near future. This technique of massaging may also help to slim down your neck to avoid getting a double chin when you do it regularly.

What kind of moisturizer is good? Well, it depends on your skin type. But to me, it is good to use an anti-aging cream because after all, it is prevention of sagging skin due to the loss of elasticity of your skin when you get older. It is also best to get one that is oil-free.

Don't wait until tomorrow to start taking good care of your skin. Do it now. Or at least when you are off to bed soon after reading my blog at night, heh. You will thank me later.

My neck isn't perfect. It has its fair share of damage done to it especially back then, it used to be seriously red and another time, there was this long line of rashes. It was so bad.

But it wasn't too late for me to redeem myself though yes I sheepishly admit I have my moments of laziness. I'm trying to make it a habit.

Start the routine now, babes, or risk getting called older than your actual age.
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld
Powered by Gee! from StarHub

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...